Camp Hosting In Virginia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyboy

Anyone out there who has Camp Hosted in a VA State Park?  One of my offers for work camping this years is such a job.  I have heard some unpleasant comments about the lack of respect and consideration that is given to their camp hosts.  It was mentioned by several that the only thing that they are looking for is someone to do maid service for the bathrooms. I have a track record of being an excellent camp host who goes above and beyond so I am not interested in being a maid.  But maybe these are isolated incidents.

We are camp hosting in VA at this time. We had a wonderful experience last month, but this campground this month is exactly like you said. My husband and I have had to deal with a very rude head of housecleaning and today was told by the supervisor (Chief Ranger) "we needed to tighten up"  OMG!!! We spent hours Thursday cleaning the restrooms, from actually scrubbing the floors, cleaning the shower curtains with straight bleach to get the mildew off and getting all of the cobwebs and bugs gone. This is a holiday week-end and we had been up there 3 times already today...We get wonderful comments from the guest and I KNOW I have done a good job. My husband and I hope the next one in June is not like this...or it's gonna be a l-o-n-g summer... we have plans of doing this until October... :-\

I know what you mean about bathrooms. You can work your fingers to the bone, leave, come back and someone has did a dirty, toilet plugged, paper all over, mirror smeared and hair all over. It can happen in 5 minutes.  I am not surprised that the boss would expect you to sit on it and make sure every minute is checked. Remember you can only do so much.  Hope it gets better with the next holiday, which is Father's Day, then July 4th.  oh those long weekends of holidays.  ::)

bbrandli said:
We are camp hosting in VA at this time. We had a wonderful experience last month, but this campground this month is exactly like you said. My husband and I have had to deal with a very rude head of housecleaning and today was told by the supervisor (Chief Ranger) "we needed to tighten up"  OMG!!! We spent hours Thursday cleaning the restrooms, from actually scrubbing the floors, cleaning the shower curtains with straight bleach to get the mildew off and getting all of the cobwebs and bugs gone. This is a holiday week-end and we had been up there 3 times already today...We get wonderful comments from the guest and I KNOW I have done a good job. My husband and I hope the next one in June is not like this...or it's gonna be a l-o-n-g summer... we have plans of doing this until October... :-\

Maybe its time to find a better park syatem.  Oregon state parks are fantastic.  No bathroom cleaning, thats the rangers job.  Now if its dirty i have no problem doing it, but it is not my job.  We clean fire pits, pick up trash, mow grass and basically are ambassadors for the park system.  And the rangers will bend over backwards to make my time enjoyable and fun.

Back
Top Bottom