Birds in residence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Every spring we get a lot of birds returning from their migration to nest, mate, and raise new families. The last few years one bird has built a nest in a wreath that Chris has hung on the front door. Chris says there are four little ones in the nest, but this was the best picture I could grab.

Attachments

• Birds.jpg
    Birds.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 71
So we can expect these to get prettier with time ???

ruthandken CDN said:
Oh gosh, I have to disagree, puppies and kittens are the sweetest thing going...
I agree about puppies and kittens and all other mammals when they are a few weeks old being the sweetest thing going. But sweet and ugly are not exclusive. You can be sweet and ugly.  ::)I guess I should have specified newborn babies.

Can you imagine telling the Mom of a (human) newborn that her baby is ugly  :eek:

Tom said:
Can you imagine telling the Mom of a (human) newborn that her baby is ugly  :eek:

Right after my #2 nephew was born, my sister said "isn't he beautiful?" and I, unwisely, said "hell no, he's all red and blotchy and uglier than a red brick" (which he was).  He's now 38 and I think my sister has finally forgiven me.

Wendy

Is he still red and blotchy and uglier than a red brick?

Certainly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Here's my first son just a few days old.  He was about as ugly as the baby bird.

Attachments

• img0399.jpg
    img0399.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 23
Might be Len. If we even step into the hallway, although we're a long way from the door, the mother flies away. Similarly when we drive onto the driveway.

Best I can tell, it's one with wings ???  I can't get anywhere near to see the mother or snap a picture. Maybe if I camped in my neighbor's driveway across the street.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom