Police break up eagle party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a good story. Eagles are very opportunistic scavengers. My daughter lives on a lake near here that (during the winter) gets a lot of ice fishermen, especially on weekends. When they catch fish too small to keep, they just throw them out onto the ice.

There is a pair of eagles that makes the rounds every Monday, cleaning up after the fishermen.

Joel

I used to live in Unalaska. My family moved back to Oregon about a year ago. There are signs all over town during spring and fall with pictures of eagles dive-bombing people, warning folks to watch out. They are garbage birds there. The dump outside of town has HUNDREDS of eagles, all the time, just hanging out. I wish I knew how to post pictures in this forum.

Once, my husband was loading our garbage bins in his pickup to take to the dump, and we had an extra bag that didn't fit in the cans. In the time it took for him to come inside and get the last bin, there were four eagles there, tearing apart the trash. It wasn't fish either, just normal household trash.

Edited: I added a pic I had on my computer.  :D

Attachments

• 478961_376730459028156_1164841788_o.jpg
    478961_376730459028156_1164841788_o.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom