EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: ...the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray.  (Read 5626 times)

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: ...the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray.
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »
You need to schedule your recreation time with the same fidelity you apply to your working time. Took me too many years to learn that, but relaxation is important too. Crises never stop at work and there is never a good time to be away, so just make your plan and stick to it. Work will still be there when you get back, despite the guilt trip your boss (or you yourself) lays on you. Besides, you owe it to your family.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

John Beard

• ---
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »
You need to schedule your recreation time with the same fidelity you apply to your working time. Took me too many years to learn that, but relaxation is important too. Crises never stop at work and there is never a good time to be away, so just make your plan and stick to it. Work will still be there when you get back, despite the guilt trip your boss (or you yourself) lays on you. Besides, you owe it to your family.

You're absolutely right, I'll never look back and wish I had spent more time working, but I sure look back and miss the missed opportunities to connect with my family.
John & Susan
2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J
2005 Jeep Wrangler X, Toad, a little modified
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

PatrioticStabilist

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 10:27:38 PM »
Well, I'm going to go in January, I know this thread is a couple of months old, but decided to update it.
I have taken over all the bill paying for MIL and before I go will get it all where its paid online from her checking account.  Actually I think she is a lot happier about it and took away some of the anxiety.  We have to do a couple while Tom is home as some things are in his name.

I have almost all ours paid that way now and the couple that aren't I will just pay ahead.

Going to talk with one of her neighbors and give her my cellphone number so if something happens they can call me.  But I think the coming months will be ok, just have to take it a few months at a time.

Tom is really happy with this 8 week turnaround and 3 weeks home. They fly home business class on a charter, so he said its very comfortable and direct from Angola to Houston then to Indianapolis. The one thing that bothers me is this is a 2 1/2 year assignment, but he and the project manager over it know each other well.  He said this job will last a total of 10 years!!!! and if he wanted to he could very likely stay a lot longer.  I told him if he does Sue Anne and I will likely come to.  I doubt that but not to crazy about him even mentioning that.  Well 2 years is a long time and a lot could happen.

He said the job site is something like 5 miles by 5 miles.  They are building a new refinery there.  It's to refine their own oil they are producing as they have to import refined product now I believe, and could be producing their own.  That civil war there for years and years took a heavy toll.  There was a nice port facility there and rail lines that ran to the interior.  Tom said they are rebuilding those too.   

Hosted by Over The Network