Journey is home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry you are having problems. Hope they sort out soon.

We have had our Country Coach for four years and haven't missed the ladder at all.

Still no luck with the slide  :( Had a mobile RV mechanic that Coachnet sent out look at it and he couldn't get it to go in either. Have it booked into a shop for Wednesday, hoping the rain stays away.

Soaringeagle; I have the smaller sister unit to yours, 2012 40U and I have slide locks on 3 out of 4 of my slides, The 2 front slides both driver and pass side, plus 1 in the bedroom. I found it surprising that you don't have locks on BOTH front slides.

John Canfield said:
I am up on my roof at least three or four times a year and think the fixed ladder significantly safer than many portable ladders, however a nice fiberglass extension ladder is fine (if you pad the rails) but that would not be easy to cart around. 

My lower ladder extension neatly stores away on a compartment ceiling so it's not really taking up any storage space, I'm very contented with my present arrangement.
Same here with my 2004 Meridian 36'.  I have a 7' fiberglass step ladder I use at home to caulk and clean the edges of the roof line but there's no way I'd try to climb onto the roof with just that step ladder.  Maybe an 9'or 10' step ladder might be enough but certainly nothing l'd care to carry around in a compartment.  Winnebago states that roof seams and caulking should be checked once or twice a year, but how do they expect us to do that without a rear ladder?  Kind of makes me think about what the fellow on TV said, "Don't piss on my head and try to tell me it's raining".   

So i went to park the coach and every time I take my foot off the brake I get a loud beeping. I checked everything, ( brake on, neutral, lights etc.), and can't find anything wrong. When I turned off the ignition it continues to beep and says the parking brake is not on. The parking brake is indeed on and the only way I could get it to stop beeping was to shut the chassis battery master switch off. Starting to think our coach was made on a Friday afternoon  :'(

Unfortunately, It sound like you have a very normal case of the new RV bugs. Don't let it get you down, they will get worked out. ( still frustrating )

Well I found a wire that had become unplugged from the back of the park brake so that issue is solved. Taking it to a shop tomorrow to see about the slide, fingers crossed! ::)

A new slide motor and track are being shipped to a dealer 400 miles away from me but at least it will be fixed in a couple of weeks. Looks like the slide was not set properly from the factory and the gear on the motor did not mesh properly with the track. Winnebago owner relations was excellent to deal with.

Just got home late last night with the rig after taking it to a dealership 400 miles away to get fixed. Frustratingly long time to wait for parts but it feels great to have it working again. Seems like the slide wasn't set right from the start because when they jacked it up and took weight off of it, it worked. They realigned the track, synchronized the two motors and installed the ladder in about 6 hours. It was the first slide like mine that they have worked on so I really hope that they got the adjustment right so that it lasts. Everything else on the coach works great and I have completely eliminated wind noise by taping over the driver side weep holes for travel.  :)

Yes it did have the plastic covers but they were pretty noisy at highway speed. I took them off and taped over the holes with black electrical tape and when I get to where I am going I remove the tape and snap the covers back on. Works great!

HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE WEEP HOLES ON OUR NEW ITASCA SUNSTAR. TAPED THEM OVER WITH BLACK ELECTRICAL TAPE, WHAT A DIFFERENCE. HAVE SINCE INSTALL THE PROPER WINNE SUPPLIED SNAP IN PLASTIC WEEP HOLE COVERS. WILL SEE HOW THE COVERS SOLVE THE PROBLEM NEXT TRIP.

FWIW, we have a new Sunstar and noticed wind noise, especially from the drivers side. We do have the Weep Hole Covers, but the leading edges are not tight against the side of the window, so I think that's where the noise is coming from.  I put some black tape over the leading edge to help prevent air from coming under the Hole Cover.  We'll see soon if it works, as we're due to hit the road.

Wow, I know this is a 5 year old thread that got resurrected, but 2103 Journey didn't have a ladder?  I thought the Meridian and Journey were identical and my 2013 Meridian 42e has a ladder. 

Well, black electrical tape over the weep holes stopped the wind noise. Yes, I'll need to remove them to release any trapped water but, it worked and eliminated cab noise.  Taping the leading edge of the covers (not the entire holes), trying to keep wind from entering under the cover didn't work, had to remove the cover and tape over them.

John Hilley said:
If you have a residential refrigerator was your inverter on while driving? As for the ladder, I find the 12 1/2 ft aluminum telescoping ladders are a lot better solution than the attached ladders. They can be moved to clear debris or snow off the slide covers, work on slides and replace clearance light lamps and a lot of other useful things. They are also easier for older people to climb as they will be slanted and the rungs are wider and thicker. Here is one on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/12-5Ft-Aluminum-Telescopic-escoping-Extension/dp/B0099V3HYC/ref=lp_553480_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368366163&sr=1-2

John Canfield said:
Wow!  That is hard to believe and very disappointing. 

I had a Country Coach owner tell me a couple of years ago that CC did not want to install any ladders because it "spoiled the looks."  That owner wished he ignored the advice and had a ladder installed.

Good luck with your new coach!  It will take a while to get everything settled down.

Yikes - I just got suckered in on a 5 year old thread.  That will teach me to look next time.

Maybe Winnebago will provide a small drone for room inspections now.

Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom