License Plate Holder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Water Dog

After mounting a bull bumper on the front of the Jeep a year ago, I found that if I mounted the front license plate in the spot provided, it hid my Ready Brake cable. I built a bracket and mounted a flip down license plate holder to solve that problem. During our Rubicon trip last year, I found that having the plate hang down didn't work so well in the rocks and have been looking for an alternative. Someone on a Jeep forum suggested that Maglight flashlight holders are the exact size to fit winch fairlead rollers and that he had mounted his plate over the front of his winch using them. $6.00 in parts and an hour later, I had my own.

Attachments

• PB1rs.jpg
    PB1rs.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Lic 1.jpg
    Lic 1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Lic 2.jpg
    Lic 2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 41
Good point, John. There are 31 States that require 2 plates. One exception...Mass. needs one plate either front or back..

How to reduce the National Debt ?  Use one plate only.  (That's if you believe Google)

carson said:
  How to reduce the National Debt ?  Use one plate only.  (That's if you believe Google)

Won't help in WA state. They charge you for the plates, require two, and require replacement (at your cost) every 7 years whether you need new ones (faded) or not. For example my 1957 BMW sits covered in the garage 350+ days a year. I'm pretty sure they haven't faded in the constant WA sunshine. The government here passes every charge onto the consumer. The Dept. of Licensing bought a new computer system, there is a surcharge on vehicle registration to pay for it.

Ken

John Canfield said:
Slick!  I've seen others like that. 

Another reason I like Florida vehicle registration is no front license plate  ;).

I agree, that would be nice. I did drive mine with no front plate for quite a while (it was laying on the floor in the back seat) before figuring out what to do with it. It's required in CA, but I don't think they really focus on it too much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom