EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2013 RVForum Moab ACTIVITIES  (Read 32965 times)

gmsboss1

• ---
Re: 2013 RVForum Moab ACTIVITIES
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »
At 7:15, yes 7:15 AM!, Chip and Bunky Borkowski, Don and Mary Ann Nesbitt, Ken and Sheila Kuch, Betty Brewer, Tara White and Christi Bertram departed Portal for the Negro Bill Trail to Morning Glory Bridge.  The early hour was a good decision as it allowed us to complete most of the 4.5 mile hike before the day's real heat arose.

We all had a good time seeing the geological sights, relative abundance of flowers, and the special treat of a class of repellers descending behind Morning Glory Bridge.  When Ken and Sheila lead the hike, entertainment is assured!

Below are pictures which will give a flavor of the hike!
Don and Mary Ann (Pelicanlady) Nesbitt
Cary, NC
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40X
2012 Jeep GC Overland 4x4 Hemi Toad
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away!

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
Saturday May 18, 2013 Activities

Do what you want all day.

12:30 Movie  Star Trek  Leave Park at 12:30 Movie starts at 1pm.

5:30 Red Cliff Lodge  Last supper  Leave Portal by 4:45 as it is a long drive.
We'll do Final Awards after dinner.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:15:57 PM by Betty Brewer »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2013, 10:02:46 PM »
What an evening.  Portal RV  out did themselves with a wonderful chicken dinner tonight along with a family concert.  They  did a raffle  and  passed out  hats,  cook books and the big one.... a one week FREE stay at Portal.  Congrats to Kim and Christy for winning this  super prize!

We bid adieu to  Gary and Colleen  who leave for home  in morning. Hope to see them next time  and even sooner!

Awards Ardra  passed Goofy on to Henry who has been deserving of the award all week but today he did a 4 wheel drive trip  on one wheel!  He tried to lie but there were too many witnesses!

Randy  kept the Care  bear, well he actually awarded it to himself for caring for his  Golf friends  today.  Was something fishy about the  scores?  hmmmmmmmmmm

Gary  presented B ill R the  Happy Face award along with this  poem for his help spotting the group on the  4 wheel trip today.  Who knew Gary was such a creative poet?

Roscoe to the Rescue

Thank Goodness it's Friday
Doc Roscoe is on Duty
On Spot, Right On
Spotting the Jeeps

Cliffs, Rocks, Holes and Sand
Makes no difference to the Man
Kept us all in Line
Narry a fall just Fine

So here's to Spotter Bill
Left a little, Come Straight
Easy, Right a little, Now Down
There you are, safe and sound.

And here's your Reward
You did Good
A Cloth Flower
With immense Power

thx, GnC.

The Portal drew raffle tickets and  I've posted the winners.  Tara knitted 2 sets of slippers for winners too.
Betty Brewer

see where we are

FrankW

• ---
  • Full-Timing since 2005
    • Our Location
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »
On our off-road today, this little guy showed up; a Collared Lizard.
Frank Weimert
2003 NRV Tradewinds LTC
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Henry Wishard

• ---
  • Gone Crazy*** Be Back Soon
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2013, 10:26:55 PM »
A few pics from today Jeep run. It looks very easy but only a few jeeps make this climb.
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Jan Stiskala

• ---
  • Love to travel USA
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »

Randy  kept the Care  bear, well he actually awarded it to himself for caring for his  Golf friends  today.  Was something fishy about the  scores?  hmmmmmmmmmm

He he
Nothing fishy about the score. Just 2 different way to count. We count penalty shots in Australia and that messed me badly. one of the reason to have most points.  ;) ;) ;) 
But I know that I am not good golfer. I warned them in advance.
Ron win fair and square. :)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:53:18 PM by Jan Stiskala »
Australian travelling US in  ACE 29.2
http://www.aussiepythons.com/

gmsboss1

• ---
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2013, 10:54:22 PM »
Dang, Frank!  I've been looking for a Collared Lizard the last three years out here!

Nice job catching him on the run!

Don
Don and Mary Ann (Pelicanlady) Nesbitt
Cary, NC
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40X
2012 Jeep GC Overland 4x4 Hemi Toad
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away!

Jan Stiskala

• ---
  • Love to travel USA
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2013, 11:13:31 PM »
Frank I will post your 2 photos of collared lizard on my reptile website if you don't mine.
I started this forum 15 years ago.

Steve N Dee

• ---
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »
After almost a week here at the rally, Dee and I just want to say thanks to all the great framily members who have made this a great trip for a couple of first time attendees.  All of you have really made us feel like part of the group. A special thanks to Frank and Barb for letting me go on my first ever 4 wheel drive trip with them.  Also a big thank you to a couple of framily members who suggested that we try to make an advance reservation in the Bryce/Zion area for the next stop on our trip.  This morning we got the last available electric site in Watchman CG for Tuesday and Wednesday next week.  It will be our first time there.  I hope framily members who have never attended a rally make plans to attend one.  You guys are great and this rally has been one of the best trips we've ever been on thanks to all of you!  ;D ;D ;D

Steve & Dee
Steve & Dee - Racing towards retirement
Fritz & DJ, (the boys)
2005 Winnebago Journey 34H Diesel Pusher
2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD Toad
Burbank, CA

On time.....is when we get there

Terry A. Brewer

• ---
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2013, 11:38:54 PM »
Jan

Here's a couple shots we took last year at Goosenecks...You can use them if you want.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2013, 09:43:13 AM »
On our off-road today, this little guy showed up; a Collared Lizard.

You better check with Christi.....that's not a collared lizard, it's a yellow spotted lizard   ;)
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Jan Stiskala

• ---
  • Love to travel USA
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2013, 10:19:40 AM »
Thank you Terry, I will use them.
Wendy I will let experts on my site to identify them. I am more in snakes my self. Thanks.

Photog

• ---
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2013, 10:48:38 AM »
Yesterday's travels if the Happy Flower and Goofy.  The arch was above our lunch spot.  Terry picked well!   :)
Bill
2004 Winnebago Adventurer 38R

Photog

• ---
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2013, 10:54:09 AM »
Some flowers from yesterday.
Bill
2004 Winnebago Adventurer 38R

Gypsy Feet

• ---
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2013, 11:39:12 AM »
Wendy!  So glad you finally got it!   :o
Christi & Kim Bertram
Co-pilot for SkyKing4AR2
FMCA 420913
SKP# - 106183

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2013, 11:53:11 AM »
Bill, you have some really nice flower photos.  Three are wonderful clumps of Indian Paintbrush.  The thing I noticed this year is the Mormon Tea plants that were in bloom.  I don't believe I've seen it blooming before and some of the bushes were more yellow than green.  The one labeled 7548 is what I know as Curley Dock, others know it as Wild Rhubarb, and still others have a third name.  Regardless of the name, it's a member of the buckwheat family and apparently the leaves are edible, although I'd certainly want to be sure before eating it.  I've never seen so many Curley Docks in bloom either.  We went through several acres of them yesterday.  There also were many Cliff Roses (white blossoms) and Desert Lupines (purple blossoms).  Many people think the desert is dull and boring, but as these pictures show the flowers can be quite beautiful.  Our front yard is planted in desert landscaping (no grass to mow  ::) ) and someone sent us a photo yesterday of a magenta bloom on a cactus.

I concur that our lunch location was beautiful.  The arch and cliffs above were in one direction and the La Sal Mountains were across the valley so wherever we sat we had a view.  Goofy enjoyed his day sitting between Barb and I in the Jeep, but he really liked having his picture taken with Picture Frame Arch as a backdrop.  I had never seen a square arch so that was interesting.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Henry Wishard

• ---
  • Gone Crazy*** Be Back Soon
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »
Goofy has been a real handful today, First he slept until noon and I am so glad. Second I asked if he wanted to go out 4wheeling and he said "not with me after yesterday" so we just hung out around the RV park today. First thing for lunch he enjoyed sharing Sardines with me ,playing with some of the neighbors kids and he just had to pet every dog that came by. I went in to grab us a beer and when I came out he was on my flag pole.
   I guess I will be stuck with him since I haven't seen anyone doing anything today. So if you happen to see a goofy act please report it to me as soon as possible. Send beer this guy can really put them down. God Bless Texas!
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2013, 03:39:26 PM »
This is a photo of Care bear having coffee before breakfast at the Eklecticafe. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of him having Huevos rancheros. Debbie did get that picture but I need to show her how to get it posted.

ken
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

zmotorsports

• ---
  • Hardcore Gearhead
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »
Okay Henry, you may be stuck with Goofy again after seeing what you had him doing today.

Mike.
2003 Monaco Dynasty Baroness
2008 Haulmark Edge 26'
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
FMCA# F315002

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • I don't know what I don't know so I look here...
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2013, 04:51:06 PM »
Yeah, running him up the flagpole unceremoniously showed a little more perversion than I like to see, notwithstanding the strange antics we have come to expect from Jeep people...
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913
----------------------------------
2012 Thor Damon Tuscany 42RQ
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
Wanderlust RV Park, Eureka Springs, AR

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »
Goofy has been a real handful today,. God Bless Texas!

I see Alaska in Goofy's future!  In a Jeep!!!!!!
Betty Brewer

see where we are

taoshum

• ---
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2013, 06:44:53 PM »
Just arrived in Taos... always nice to be home, again.

Thanks to everyone, we had a memorable couple of weeks and especially appreciated the people!  Even the ones from Tx, LOL.

Have a safe trip every where you go!

Much cooler here, mid 60's

thx, GnC.
07 Itasca Meridian 34SH.  '08 Jeep Sahara.
Taos, NM.

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2013, 10:07:34 PM »
Did not mention  yesterday (because  I did not know that  Larry and  Kathy B scurried off today)  They missed a  wonderful dinner tonight.  We wish them well on their designated Saturday travel day, something you must do when you are still working full time!

News of Day:  A group went to  see the newest Star Trek movie, I saw Larry and Loretta on a big bike ride (motorcycle), a group drove to Canyonlands and even ran into rain!  Some  of us did  absolutely nothing!

The group gathered at RedCliff Lodge for our traditional "Last Supper."  The 37 of us snuggled  up to a long  table outside overlooking the Colorado River.  The setting was beautiful and a wedding was  taking place out on the greens. While it did not rain, it  quickly grew cold when the sun set so we were in a rush.  When checks were all paid, we met  on the  patio out front for final awards, good byes and till we meet agains.  Stay tuned.  I'm sure many photos will be posted.  Tom Jones.... you were mentioned as you may just  die of envy when you see the events of tonight! You're gonna wish you were here!
Betty Brewer

see where we are

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »
Goofy entertaining the hotties, Margaret, Christi, and Sheila while they hammer the bread pudding in a group effort at the Last Supper!
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2013, 10:48:36 PM »
The  Awards  ah yes the awards!  I think that yesterday's winners kept us fully informed of the whereabouts of their award character  today so the anticipation was high tonight.  After a drum roll and waiting 40 minutes for our checks to be totaled we began.  Betty mentioned this was  The Best RVForum Moab rally ever!  All  applauded.  She said it was because we had such  great new people!  New  people clapped.  The  she said it was the best group of  old people ever there too.  They hooted hollered and  clapped too.

Betty awarded Mike a new Teraflex hat as he was the only one in his family to not have won a hat in the raffle last night.  So now they can go out as triplets!  Next  Bill gave Mike the Happy Face  Award for fixing a motorhome and for  giving him routing information.  Now this was waaay funnier in person and more details got lost in translation but Mike  blushed and was happy!

Care Bear was nominated between  2 people, Ardra for gathering names and keeping track of who was coming to the rally and who cancelled on the RVForum, but Betty won it because her POST IT NOTES flew all over the park and kept us informed of the daily activities and who was to be where at what time.  I don't think anyone took Betty's  picture. (Do I have to do it all?) 

I thought Goofy would be going to Alaska with  Henry because I even saw him kissing Goofy but Randy  came up with a tell on himself story that trumped all.  Seems he was using his macerator  pump to empty/flush   tanks and then Corrine came by and visited him, then they got to talking to someone else and  pretty soon Debbie screams from inside their coach,   "RANDY THERE IS WATER POURING OUT OF ThE BATHROOM CEILING!"  You guessed it black water tank over flowed into their  bathroom and Debbie got "wet."  Yep Randy goes home with Goofy.  But there is more to this story stay tuned!
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2013, 10:59:23 PM »
We've had delightful foreign FVForum Friends on this  rally, Jan and Olga S. from Australia.  Jan has a very  thick accent and a devious, delightful sense of humor.  All week long he has been  keeping us in stitches and monkeying around!  Tonight  Mary Ann and Bunky presented a special award to Jan for his part in making our rally a success by "MONKEYING"  around so much. It was a little Monkey with American dog tags around his neck and an American Pin on his sleeve.  We all had a great laugh  as Jan accepted this award with his usual dramatic, romantic and clever response.  I hope I captured all the laughs. He was worried about this group of Americans and has come to  love us.

But the  best was that during Jan's acceptance speech he confessed to  that when he owned his first RV he  filled his fresh water tank with Diesel Fuel and BAM !  Randy gave him the Goofy award! Jan said they were never ever able to use the water in that RV.  All laughed and  hope we never so such a thing.  Where was the RVForum full of advice  when he needed us?
Betty Brewer

see where we are

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »
Gary and Coleen - Glad you made it home safely.  You missed a fun evening tonight (check out those photos), but maybe next year.

All other attendees - If I don't see you before you leave and missed saying goodbye, do have a safe journey to wherever.  It was a good rally because everyone participated and that's what makes rallies happen.  We certainly had a lot of laughs and we're glad you came.

All - The 2014 RV Forum Moab Rally will be May 11-18 at Portal RV Park.  Stay tuned for a new topic that will be started in a few weeks.  We already have ten signed up for Moab!  For those who want to join us for pre-Moab, we'll have a Hop, Skip, and a Long Leap - Zion, Bryce, and Moab.  We're still working out details and will provide details when they're decided.

Again, thanks for attending and making it a really fun rally.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

zmotorsports

• ---
  • Hardcore Gearhead
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2013, 08:56:29 AM »
Thanks all for a wonderful week.  We are so glad we were able to spend the entire week this year in Moab with such a fantastic group of friends.  Thank you for welcoming us into your Framily.  We have cherished and will continue to cherish all of your friendships.  We hope to see all of you again next year and maybe throughout the year in various locations.

Travel safely and we wish everyone good health.

Mike, Chrystal and Jared.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:21:05 AM by zmotorsports »
2003 Monaco Dynasty Baroness
2008 Haulmark Edge 26'
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
FMCA# F315002

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
I would like to echo all the kudos to all for such an interesting and varied group of people and activities all week. New friends were made, old friends were celebrated, and we had a fitting entry into our second thousand days of full timing. Yep, it seems like only yesterday ...

I'm also very grateful that Goofy only spent one night in our house.... 8)

Those of you who missed it, you MISSED it!

Thanks again to our leaders who kept this thing rocking (pun intended) right along!

See ya next year!
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Jan Stiskala

• ---
  • Love to travel USA
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2013, 09:26:35 AM »
I just can't believe that we have to say goodbye to Moab today. All this great friends we made to leave behind is so sad. Our big hope is that I will see all y'all in Texas. I have been told by Texans that if you don't visit Texas, you did not seen America.
Olga and I would like to thank You for such a warm acceptance of us. You adopted us to your group with such a warmness as only Americans can. What a great country with a great people you have here. We decided to travel USA for next 9 years and by my opinion that was best travel decision we made. So far we have been treated with kindness and help where ever we went. ( Except border patrol)  People warm to us, specially when we mentioned that we came from Australia. Our nations always stick together like a best allies. Aussies and Americans in past always covered each other back in this complicated and violent world. Now I know why. We are so much like.
We love you guys and will stay in touch trough our forum and facebook.

Thanks so much to Betty and Ardra for being in charge and making sure that we all are having fun. Betty reminded me my maths teacher from school times (take it as compliment, she was great lady respected by all pupils), and Ardra my passed mum I loved so much.

Now I post this with out Olgas spell correction so forgive me if something don't make sense.
Jan and Olga
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:30:08 AM by Jan Stiskala »

Hosted by Over The Network