2013 RVForum Moab ACTIVITIES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just arrived in Taos... always nice to be home, again.

Thanks to everyone, we had a memorable couple of weeks and especially appreciated the people!  Even the ones from Tx, LOL.

Have a safe trip every where you go!

Much cooler here, mid 60's

thx, GnC.

Did not mention  yesterday (because  I did not know that  Larry and  Kathy B scurried off today)  They missed a  wonderful dinner tonight.  We wish them well on their designated Saturday travel day, something you must do when you are still working full time!

News of Day:  A group went to  see the newest Star Trek movie, I saw Larry and Loretta on a big bike ride (motorcycle), a group drove to Canyonlands and even ran into rain!  Some  of us did  absolutely nothing!

The group gathered at RedCliff Lodge for our traditional "Last Supper."  The 37 of us snuggled  up to a long  table outside overlooking the Colorado River.  The setting was beautiful and a wedding was  taking place out on the greens. While it did not rain, it  quickly grew cold when the sun set so we were in a rush.  When checks were all paid, we met  on the  patio out front for final awards, good byes and till we meet agains.  Stay tuned.  I'm sure many photos will be posted.  Tom Jones.... you were mentioned as you may just  die of envy when you see the events of tonight! You're gonna wish you were here!

The  Awards  ah yes the awards!  I think that yesterday's winners kept us fully informed of the whereabouts of their award character  today so the anticipation was high tonight.  After a drum roll and waiting 40 minutes for our checks to be totaled we began.  Betty mentioned this was  The Best RVForum Moab rally ever!  All  applauded.  She said it was because we had such  great new people!  New  people clapped.  The  she said it was the best group of  old people ever there too.  They hooted hollered and  clapped too.

Betty awarded Mike a new Teraflex hat as he was the only one in his family to not have won a hat in the raffle last night.  So now they can go out as triplets!  Next  Bill gave Mike the Happy Face  Award for fixing a motorhome and for  giving him routing information.  Now this was waaay funnier in person and more details got lost in translation but Mike  blushed and was happy!

Care Bear was nominated between  2 people, Ardra for gathering names and keeping track of who was coming to the rally and who cancelled on the RVForum, but Betty won it because her POST IT NOTES flew all over the park and kept us informed of the daily activities and who was to be where at what time.  I don't think anyone took Betty's  picture. (Do I have to do it all?) 

I thought Goofy would be going to Alaska with  Henry because I even saw him kissing Goofy but Randy  came up with a tell on himself story that trumped all.  Seems he was using his macerator  pump to empty/flush  tanks and then Corrine came by and visited him, then they got to talking to someone else and  pretty soon Debbie screams from inside their coach,  "RANDY THERE IS WATER POURING OUT OF ThE BATHROOM CEILING!"  You guessed it black water tank over flowed into their  bathroom and Debbie got "wet."  Yep Randy goes home with Goofy.  But there is more to this story stay tuned!

Attachments

• IMG_4573.JPG
    IMG_4573.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4578.JPG
    IMG_4578.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 27
We've had delightful foreign FVForum Friends on this  rally, Jan and Olga S. from Australia.  Jan has a very  thick accent and a devious, delightful sense of humor.  All week long he has been  keeping us in stitches and monkeying around!  Tonight  Mary Ann and Bunky presented a special award to Jan for his part in making our rally a success by "MONKEYING"  around so much. It was a little Monkey with American dog tags around his neck and an American Pin on his sleeve.  We all had a great laugh  as Jan accepted this award with his usual dramatic, romantic and clever response.  I hope I captured all the laughs. He was worried about this group of Americans and has come to  love us.

But the  best was that during Jan's acceptance speech he confessed to  that when he owned his first RV he  filled his fresh water tank with Diesel Fuel and BAM !  Randy gave him the Goofy award! Jan said they were never ever able to use the water in that RV.  All laughed and  hope we never so such a thing.  Where was the RVForum full of advice  when he needed us?

Attachments

• IMG_4585.JPG
    IMG_4585.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4580.JPG
    IMG_4580.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4583.JPG
    IMG_4583.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4582.JPG
    IMG_4582.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 40
Gary and Coleen - Glad you made it home safely.  You missed a fun evening tonight (check out those photos), but maybe next year.

All other attendees - If I don't see you before you leave and missed saying goodbye, do have a safe journey to wherever.  It was a good rally because everyone participated and that's what makes rallies happen.  We certainly had a lot of laughs and we're glad you came.

All - The 2014 RV Forum Moab Rally will be May 11-18 at Portal RV Park.  Stay tuned for a new topic that will be started in a few weeks.  We already have ten signed up for Moab!  For those who want to join us for pre-Moab, we'll have a Hop, Skip, and a Long Leap - Zion, Bryce, and Moab.  We're still working out details and will provide details when they're decided.

Again, thanks for attending and making it a really fun rally.

ArdraF

Thanks all for a wonderful week.  We are so glad we were able to spend the entire week this year in Moab with such a fantastic group of friends.  Thank you for welcoming us into your Framily.  We have cherished and will continue to cherish all of your friendships.  We hope to see all of you again next year and maybe throughout the year in various locations.

Travel safely and we wish everyone good health.

Mike, Chrystal and Jared.

I would like to echo all the kudos to all for such an interesting and varied group of people and activities all week. New friends were made, old friends were celebrated, and we had a fitting entry into our second thousand days of full timing. Yep, it seems like only yesterday ...

I'm also very grateful that Goofy only spent one night in our house.... 8)

Those of you who missed it, you MISSED it!

Thanks again to our leaders who kept this thing rocking (pun intended) right along!

See ya next year!

I just can't believe that we have to say goodbye to Moab today. All this great friends we made to leave behind is so sad. Our big hope is that I will see all y'all in Texas. I have been told by Texans that if you don't visit Texas, you did not seen America.
Olga and I would like to thank You for such a warm acceptance of us. You adopted us to your group with such a warmness as only Americans can. What a great country with a great people you have here. We decided to travel USA for next 9 years and by my opinion that was best travel decision we made. So far we have been treated with kindness and help where ever we went. ( Except border patrol)  People warm to us, specially when we mentioned that we came from Australia. Our nations always stick together like a best allies. Aussies and Americans in past always covered each other back in this complicated and violent world. Now I know why. We are so much like.
We love you guys and will stay in touch trough our forum and facebook.

Thanks so much to Betty and Ardra for being in charge and making sure that we all are having fun. Betty reminded me my maths teacher from school times (take it as compliment, she was great lady respected by all pupils), and Ardra my passed mum I loved so much.

Now I post this with out Olgas spell correction so forgive me if something don't make sense.
Jan and Olga

Jan & Olga,
  We enjoyed your company so much. It was great being the "new" people with you.  We fully expect when your current journey is over, and we take our motorhomes back to the same storage lot in California, you will come and be our guests at our home in Burbank, and we can drive you to the airport.  We wish you safe travels and hope the rest of America enjoys you as much as we have!

Steve & Dee

I don't believe I've ever seen a group playing with the award trophies quite as much as this group. I think you all deserve the Goofy award.

Wendy

Ken & Sheila said:
Wendy,

I think those who missed the rally deserve the Goofy award. You missed a really great rally!

ken

Sure sounds like we missed a great one. But there's always next year ! And I don't think missing it could possibly compare with the goofiness we saw in the posts here :)

There is always a bit of a let down when rallies come to an end.  We had a big group hug in the  street today as we said  good byes again this morning! Sigh......

But we will see some quite soon at the big FMCA Convention in Gillette, WY  in mid June.

Some of us are hanging around a couple more days to decompress  here in Moab.  I see the pool in my future today!  And a walk around the rim trail maybe at sunset?  Or  maybe nothing at all today.

Looks like it was a great Rally, and we hope to make next year's.  But Ardra, why would you do a op, skip & jump before Moab, when it will run the risk of foul weather in the higher elevations.  If we do come to Moab, we will be doing Bryce, Zion and Monument Valley after and not before.

Ed

Jan and Olga it was such fun having you both - although I have to say there's never been anyone quite like Jan at our rallies.  Thank you for keeping us entertained and laughing.  You are so right, Jan, the Yanks and Aussies have always stuck together and I hope that never changes!  We love all our friends Down Under.  I know we'll all be looking forward to meeting you again as our paths cross but meantime have a wonderful summer!

Ed, I wasn't the one who came up with the Hop, Skip, and then Moab, but it makes sense.  First it fits in with the snowbirds who start to move north as the weather warms.  But, perhaps most important, it's just too hot later.  We used to have our Moab rally in April when activities like hiking were in cooler weather, but other people (FMCA Four Wheelers) moved into our slot when we took a two-year break.  A couple of our hikes (Delicate Arch and Fiery Furnace) this year were just on the verge of being too hot.  Next week will be in the 90s which can be very uncomfortable for some of the activities we like doing.  Finally, we can't have our rally any earlier because FMCA has the entire town booked before our week and their planners are here the previous week.  They plan much farther in advance than us!

ArdraF

I think Ed was talking about doing the Hop, Skip, after Moab. It's not as hot in Zion and Bryce as Moab and before the Moab rally, Bryce and the areas between Bryce and Moab might be iffy on weather.

Wendy

Hfx_Cdn said:
    If we do come to Moab, we will be doing Bryce, Zion and Monument Valley after and not before.

Ed,
All it  takes for a rally is for someone to be willing  to post it.  I heard a few others who  may like an event after Moab so you may not be alone.  We gotta run to South Dakota next year to renew  Drivers Licenses or our plans may have been different too.  If you build it, they will come!

Thank you Wendy, that is exactly what I was saying, I know the tight Moab schedule, so if we do come west we will be doing the southern Parks after Moabs, which is a shame to miss Rallies by a week, but I have no intention of doing all that driving to sit in freezing temps with the risk of snow.  Remember we got buried in snow in June last year at Yellowstone.
    Betty, one of the reason's we want to head west is that we didn't have the time to get to Zion, Bryce, or Monument Valley.  It would be more than a bit presumptuous of us to call a second hop/skip rally 2 weeks after others just had one, and with absolutely no local knowledge.  I was merely adding my 2 cents worth to the timing, as it suites our timing much better.
    For what it's worth, we likely would have to run home from Florida to pick up the coach, then head west.  That is 5,000 miles one way, then add the other 3 parks, tourist time constrains, and cost, it may well not look so attractive in any event.  So, do what you want.

Ed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom