2013 RVForum Moab ACTIVITIES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, Jan, that's too bad.  It's no fun being sick on the road, much less something like that.  Been there, done that!  You weren't around then, but we refer to our current motorhome as "Ardra's broken wrist."  Can't be half a mile from the factory for several months and not buy something!  Anyway, our best wishes to Olga for a quick recovery.  When she's able to get around there are tons of things to see in the area.  Take the cog railway to the top of Pike's Peak (wear warm clothes!), visit the home of "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" who survived the Titanic, the Coors Brewery, the Denver Mint, the U.S. Air Force Academy & Chapel, plus much more.  As Wendy said, you could be stuck in worse places.

ArdraF

Jan

I know you will be a good nurse for Olga, since you wanted to join us at the ladies luncheon Moab.  It was your feminine side trying to come out, so use it to take care of your lovely wife!!!  We hope you have a quick recovery Olga so you may continue your journey.

Sheila

Jan:  Give a hug to Olga and take good care of her.

Here are some images from "Fiery Furnace" and "Shiprock"

Attachments

• IMG_3602 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3602 (Small).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3623 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3623 (Small).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3668 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3668 (Small).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3710 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3710 (Small).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3716 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3716 (Small).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2365 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2365 (Small).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2370 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2370 (Small).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3769 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3769 (Small).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3773 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3773 (Small).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3785 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3785 (Small).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 16
Jan:
  Give our best to Olga.  It's no fun to be injured when you are on vacation.  We wish her a speedy recovery.  You guys are so much fun, I'm sure somehow you will make the best of the bad situation.  Let us know how she progresses.

Best,

Steve & Dee

Hello Wendy and Ardra, luckily no fractures, just a sprain.  Doctor's orders to wear a splint and rest it.  So that's what we are doing.  We are in Golden Colorado in an Rv park  and I'm doing as I'm told to make sure I recover asap so that we can continue exploring this amazing country.  Ardra, Jan has taken me to st. Anthony Summit Medical Center.  It was a great experience, under the circumstances lol.  I was seem immediately, was looked after by several staff, allocated a nurse and a doctor.  The service was outstanding. I was in and out within an hour and that included an x-ray. So no complaints from me.  Had this happened at home, even though we have private insurance, I would have been waiting for hours in emergency to be seen.  So, yes very happy.  In saying that we have not received the bill yet lol.  Hopefully I will be up and about soon to be able to see the sights in Denver. Btw the only disappointment was that neither George Clooney or Noah Wyle were nowhere to be seen :(.....

Olga, doing as the doctor says is good!  ;) I hope you can continue your travels as planned.  Just take it easy and resist the temptation to overdo it.  Glad to hear you're getting good care.  A six-hour emergency room wait is not unusual in some places so you really did well!

ArdraF

Hi Steve and Dee
Olga is doing better now and we are planning to visit tomorrow Wildlife refuge in Denver.
Cheers and see you later in LA.

One late addition to the activities.

Checking over the hundreds of pictures we took in Moab, I found these of intrepid souls out on the Musselman Bridge.

They all look happy, I think because the bridge held up!  I know I was! Whew!

Attachments

• Sheila on the Bridge.jpg
    Sheila on the Bridge.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Betty, Sheila and Mary Ann Will it hold us.jpg
    Betty, Sheila and Mary Ann Will it hold us.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Olga Betty Mary Ann Sheila Yes it will.jpg
    Olga Betty Mary Ann Sheila Yes it will.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 27
  • Betty Mary Ann Chrystal Bravehearts all.jpg
    Betty Mary Ann Chrystal Bravehearts all.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Terry Barb and Frank.jpg
    Terry Barb and Frank.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 26
  • Mary Ann and Don.jpg
    Mary Ann and Don.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 25
People who haven't seen Musselman Arch in person might not realize that it's actually quite high and not all that thick.  The bottom of the arch is best seen in the photo with Betty, Maryann, and Chrystal and the other best is the one with Terry, Barb, and Frank.  It's hard to make out because all the rocks are the same color!  Some of the rest of us were having heart attacks watching them all go out there!

ArdraF

The first photo of Sheila is absolute gem.
I am attaching photo of arch with out zoom to understand that this girls actually risked they life. I would not let my monkey go there. no no.\

I am also attaching photo of Texans cooking. What a great dinner that was.

Attachments

• IMG_1331 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1331 (640x480).jpg
    179 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1350 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1350 (640x480).jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 49
Good shot, Jan!  THAT shows how high they were from the valley floor when standing on the arch.  Jan, I'm glad you're protecting your monkey.

ArdraF

I know that our rally is over, but I must complain about my award you guys give me at last supper.
Monkey is refusing eat his banana. Actually he is playing with his food. I think that I have to punish him. He is getting out of hand. Just look at him.

Attachments

• IMG_1651 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1651 (640x480).jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 31

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom