Where to locate antenna wiring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shelton

I have a Salem travel trailer. It appears to have all the wiring need for TV. I have the cable plate with the power button, which is supposed to power the antenna. If I take the plate off, I can see it is wired up, and cables head into the walls.

However, this has never had an antenna installed on it. On the roof, there is a sticker with a bulls-eye on it stating (centre line for antenna backing).
I assume I can drill there and have an antenna installed.

My concern is, I have no idea where they put the end of the cable that would attach to the TV antenna. I hope perhaps it's just coiled up in the roof, but nervous to drill holes without knowing this.

Has anyone had an antennal installed with a trailer set up like this? Any guidance on how to ensure the cable is there would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You should find the TV coax cable located under that bulls-eye when you open the roof.  Drill carefully as things aren't always be exactly where the label is but it's certainly close enough that there will be a clear space (once you find the coax) allowing you to go through to the inside as necessary.

If you are really worried.. Harbor freeight sells a device called a cable tracker, it consists of a radio transmitter and a receiver with a very directional antenna.

You remove the wall plate, with the cables comming off in the DOWN direction you disconnect the one on the left (Looking at it from the back) and clip the transmitter to the negative power wire on the plate (ground lead) and the nut on the cable (hot meaing radio antenna lead)  then go up on the roof with the receiver and beep, beep there it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom