pressure washing fiberglass 5 er

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wally12

is there a super soap out there to use with a pressure washer?  I tried an automotive washing concentrate and was not impressed. any recommendations ??

If you are washing fiberglass shop the boat section of the cleaning isle.. Beyond that, no, I can't suggest much, There are some excelent boat products including one that is supposed to restore old fiberglass,, Alas, I forget it's name but this I do remember, there are different formulas and they are numberd,  IE: baand name #8 or baand name #4

My owners manual recommends against pressure washing as it may remove the decals which is not covered under warranty. On the flip side, I picked up a gallon jug of boat and rv wash concentrate at Lowes where they sell power washers. I am seriously onsidering trying to power wash this weekend before I put my trailer back in storage for a couple month - gotta get them damned bugs off it - jeesh, the way they are plastered to it, you would think they thought they owned the trailer. My machine has 4 separate nozzles (low-pressure, gentle, normal, hi-pressure). Since low-pressure is used to put the soap on, I will try either the gentle or normal nozzle. If it works, it will definitely beat the bucket, brush and hose method.

Larry

I'll offer an alternative to pressure washing.? I use the Protect-All Rv wash and it removes the bug quite well.? After the RV is clean, I use either the Protect-All wax or Dri-wash n Gard.? Both are excellent products and make it easier for the bugs to be removed.

Another alternative that I am using this afternoon is to use the MR Clean auto wash system. 

You still have to brush with all of these though.  :-((

James Godward said:
I'll offer an alternative to pressure washing.? I use the Protect-All Rv wash and it removes the bug quite well.? After the RV is clean, I use either the Protect-All wax or Dri-wash n Gard.? Both are excellent products and make it easier for the bugs to be removed.

Another alternative that I am using this afternoon is to use the MR Clean auto wash system.?

You still have to brush with all of these though.? :-((

Jim - a question on Protect-all RV Wash. I bought a bottle about a month ago because the RV Park I was at didn't permit washing and while I was at CW I saw it. I thought it worked very well at that park. I came up here to Emigrant and when I went to use it again it had turned sea green. I called Pat at PA and asked him if that should happen and whether it would affect it. He replied it was not an issue; it should work just as well. I tried it yesterday but thought it was totally ineffective. I don't know a way to objectively measure effectiveness but I had feeling I was not doing any more than plain water which concerns me on my new clearcoat finish. Have you seen any change in color or effectiveness over time?

Leo

Leo,

I have never seen it turn color as you described.? Interesting though.? I have had some for several years, about 6 since I had it before we left CA in 2000 and it worked fine this spring when I was cleaning up after the trip home.? I just bought another bottle at Big Sky RV about 2 weeks ago and will use it tonight IF it isn't raining.? Looks like a thunder storm is on its way.

The reason it lasted so long is that I usually clean the RV with either Protect-All or DWG.  Neither really requires pre-cleaning unless things are really bad and then usually a rinse is all that is needed.  Montana/ Wyoming bugs excepted!  :-((  We just did 800 miles in mostly river valleys!!!

BTW, How is the smoke over there??

Back
Top Bottom