Awning mod - idea/pic needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

universe74

Awning poles didn't come with my pup.  I plan on doing the awning mod after some reading.  My awning has a round pole with a hole in one side.  I understand how everything is attached trailer side, but using telescoping painters poles, what is done at the awning end?  It  has to be like a tent pole.  Anyone have any pictures?  Thanks!

Makes perfect sense.  Judging by your pic, looks just like the 2 pc. poles used on my Jayco PUP awning/screen room.  Bottom half is spring loaded, right?  Might be some variations, but basically the same.

Not sure what you meant by making a "mod" to the awning, but replacement poles can be bought about anywhere associated with camping.  Do some shopping and make sure you measure to make sure the poles you purchase fall into the height range you require.  Most generic replacements are adjustable for height.  Make sure of door clearance and swing with awning extended before ordering. 

Shouldn't be a big deal.

Should you be looking for the plastic "pointy" tips look in any big marine store. Those kind of tips are often used on the end of whisker poles etc. used in the sail boat domain and they are sold as replacements for broken ends. Diameters of the matching poles will vary, or, you can buy poles but the prices will be $$ higher than a camping outlet..

Thanks all.  By mod I guess it means running the poles back to the trailer frame instead of the ground like in this mod.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Brad.recumbentman/AwningMod

My used trailer came with no poles.  Gotta rig up something!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom