Aluminum ReadyBrute and ReadyBrake System Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fizzban

I am looking for information on this system.? It seems to be cost effective, and easy to use.? I have only found one person who knows of it, and would like to have more information before making the investment.? Night Shift Auto is the manufacturer.? They say it is rated at 8k lbs, and is made of billet aluminum.? The surge brake system is built in the tow bar.? Is there ANYONE out there who can give me their experience with this system?

THANKS!!!
[edit]BBCode format[/edit]

I've heard from only one person who bought the Ready Brake system and they were satisifed after their initial use. Never heard any further from them, so don't know if they continue to be happy.  There is no reason to suspect the tow bar portion of the set-up is anyting other than what they claim.

Traditionally, surge brake systems are considered "better than nothing" but not great. They tended to brake very llittle in low speed stops, OK at moderate speeds and too much (lock up) in high speed stops.  That doesn't mean they are inadequate, but there are much better solutions available (at a price, of course).  The $680 price for a tow bar and a brake certainly sounds attractive, though you have to add in the cost of the base plates, safety cables, etc. to get a full package price.

Thank you so much for responding........I have been working on this issue for a couple of days now to the exclusion of almost all else.  I am towing a 96 Jeep Cherokee with a 2004 Tioga class C 29V E-405 V10.  Am I correct in assuming that the brake will not be in a "powered" condition on the toad, when I brake the RV?  If so, it seems I don't have all the braking power I might have.  I agree that the $680.00 price point is what is a great attraction to me....

Any further comments will be appreciated.

BTW I think I'm okay on the weight of the vehicle, as as best I can figure the toad is about 3,200 and the Tioga is 10,000lbs loaded.....do you concur?

THANKS!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom