I'm hanging up the keys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Glen. You know those three photos you printed and gave to me? They have been up on an overhead storage door since you gave them to me. I see your smiling face every day. :D

Ah, so you will have to take down the keys one more time when you buy your new place.

I am planning on selling it where it sits. Whomsoever buys it will have to take down the key. It was really just a symbolic gesture anyway to celebrate 10 years on the road and give me closure at the same time.

Good luck, Tom!  We'll be looking for your posts!

ArdraF & JerryF

Thanks Larry and Ardra and Jerry. I am not going anywhere. I have been shopping for a vehicle for the past few weeks and I will be buying a real live genuine car soon. But while looking I have decided that after I get the car, the house and some teeth I am going to be getting a B van. I have been a camper and an RVer all my adult life and I can't give it up now.

Molaker said:
One advantage in moving to a sticks & bricks is you should have plenty of storage space for all your WD-40. ;) ;) ;D ;D
Hold on there. No one said anything about moving into a sticks and bricks. I am going to get a mobile home, which in my small mind is much closer to an RV than a real house.  ;D

SeilerBird said:
Hold on there. No one said anything about moving into a sticks and bricks. I am going to get a mobile home, which in my small mind is much closer to an RV than a real house.  ;D

If you can't move it yourself, it ain't an RV.

Wow... it really happened!  ;D They key is hung!

How does it feel to have roots again?

Update - I bought a car. Not a toad, but a normal car. It is a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis in champagne. I bought the car online and had it delivered. Here are some photos from the ad. The photos were taken in the shade with the white balance not set properly. The photos online showed a silver car. The car I got was golden (champagne) colored. I was actually very happy about this since I really don't like silver on a car and I love the way the gold looks. Anyhow, I have been walking for the last five months so it feels great to have wheels. Another big step in my move to Florida. Now I can start looking for a house.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108464110929132780547/Car

Maybey you could fashion a piece of plywood in the back seat for a bed. Looks really nice!  ;D

Dan 

dan2 said:
Maybe you could fashion a piece of plywood in the back seat for a bed. Looks really nice!  ;D
I spent an hour looking for the bathroom yesterday and I finally concluded they forgot to put one in :-[

Tom
I believe one of those Grande Marquis came equipped with a collapsible sail that extended up through the skylight hatch. If you could gather some tacking knowledge from Tom, you may be able to make it to Quartzsite in January. We could then make good use of my Quartzsite Yacht Club membership. Just sayin.................. ::) ;D
Dave

I remember well, the feeling of owning a car after being without for years at a time while I was cruising. In 14-years, I had a car for 1 year in New Zealand, 1-Year in Australia and 6-months in S. Africa. When I returned to the US in '98, I had $35 in my pocket and $3K in the bank. I got a job as Service Manager at an AutoNations dealership about 6 months later and got a demo. It's really hard to be without a car in CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom