I'm hanging up the keys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't owned a car in many years, having been living in RVs for the last ten years. It feels weird driving a normal car around. I took Catblaster out to breakfast yesterday and he got a good laugh from my driving. He could tell I was used to driving an RV and not a car. It feels like I am sitting on the road.

Tom....a side note.  When I clicked on the link for the car it definately shows gold and not silver.  May just be a color adj. on your puter.

JCZ said:
Tom....a side note.  When I clicked on the link for the car it definately shows gold and not silver.  May just be a color adj. on your puter.
Of course they show gold. They showed silver on their website and so I downloaded them, adjusted the white balance and now it is the proper color. As I was adjusting the color I could look out my window and make sure I got the shade exactly right.

SeilerBird said:
Of course they show gold. They showed silver on their website and so I downloaded them, adjusted the white balance and now it is the proper color. As I was adjusting the color I could look out my window and make sure I got the shade exactly right.
You're tooooo clever Tom..... I thought the same thing that JCZ did....  ;)

Tom, maybe you'll have to take driving lessons!  ;D  Seriously, it looks really nice and I like gold better too.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Tom, maybe you'll have to take driving lessons!  ;D  Seriously, it looks really nice and I like gold better too.

yeah....I agree he need practice.... Tom swings wide and stops a block before the light. ;D ;D

Wendy said:
Dang, it's as big as an RV ! Have fun toodling around town.
Actually it is quite small. My very first car was a 1967 Mercury Cougar, which was a clone of the Mustang. It had a 111 inch wheelbase. The Grand Marquis has a 114 inch wheelbase, so a full size Mercury is about the same size as a muscle car.

Here is a shot of the car as I viewed it on their website before I downloaded it and fixed the color. Sure looks silver to me.

Attachments

• 1995 Grand Marquis 1.jpg
    1995 Grand Marquis 1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 58
WOW!!!! That is BIG!!! Does it have air brakes?

You could probably tow a 30' TT with that beast...... what's the tow rating?

SeilerBird said:
Actually it is quite small. My very first car was a 1967 Mercury Cougar, which was a clone of the Mustang. It had a 111 inch wheelbase. The Grand Marquis has a 114 inch wheelbase, so a full size Mercury is about the same size as a muscle car.

Here is a shot of the car as I viewed it on their website before I downloaded it and fixed the color. Sure looks silver to me.

I see what happened (I've seen that on our gold/bronze Marquis) -- when the light is just right (wrong?) that paint does look almost silver, even standing just a little ways from the car. Having seen that on our car, I can see hints in your pic.

Whenever you take a photograph in the shade the colors will never look the same as they look in bright sunlight. Same thing with sunrise and sunset or taking photos indoors. It was a cloudy day when the photographer took the photos of my car. If he would have set the White Balance to Cloudy then the colors would have been accurate. He left the white balance on Sunny and thus the color is wrong. Larry is right, you can see a hint of the right color if you look at the photo from the right angle. But just glancing at it real quickly I thought it was silver.

When are you coming down? I just got out of the hospital today. They took out the Gall Bladderso they will not let me do anything for a week. Hope to get on the road in a couple weeks if all goes well.

Glen

I would like to let everyone know that Tom has made a giant step toward residency in Florida...today he had GRITS with his breakfast. ;D ;D  Way to go Tom that took alot of courage.....swamp lizard and toad legs are next ???

I could not finish all the grits so I got a doggie bag and brought the leftovers home with me. I figured they would work real well for patching my leaking roof. :eek:

Don't be disrespecting grits!  Of course not all restaurants render them palatable. 

As to vehicle choice, sort of surprised you went for a full size car.  I was thinking you would do something like a Prius, but then a used Prius would likely be a lot more purchase price. 

Bill - My purchase was totally dictated by my wallet. I don't do credit so I had to save up and pay cash )gosh what a concept) and there were no Priuses available at my price point. I have ridden in two of them and was not impressed with either one. And I wanted to get an American car.

I will be trying grits again. Catblaster told me they aren't all created equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom