Dometic refirgerator gas solenoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vgilbertson

Have a Dometic RM 2652, the gas solenoid has a little valve on the side that is leaking and when the burner ignites so does the valve. I have serched on line but have not found one, anyone know who may carry them?

Thanks

PPL Motorhomes has your gas valve. $150.00.  http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv_parts_rv_accessories.htm
Or you could attempt a repair. Most manual gas valves are "gas cocks". Meaning there is a tapered plug in a tapered bore, with a little grease forming a seal between the two parts. If the grease hardens, you loose the seal. If you have the skills, disassemble the gas cock, clean well and re-grease with a small amount of Vaseline. The leak should stop. I've used this technique many time on gas cocks in the large commercial bakery that I helped maintain.

Richard

Richard, Thanks for the link.

I ordered one - not going to test by skills on gas.

Installed new gas valve and thermocoupling, in the process broke the igniter. Found where the ignitor spark was jumping from the rear end to the bracket. Got everything working, lighting the burner with a fore starter. Burner will run for a few minutes and shut off. Does the ignitor have anything to do with keeping the flame on?
I was trying to bend the end of the ignitor away from the bottom of the heater tube when it broke. was not sparking like grounding out.

Does the ignitor have anything to do with keeping the flame on?

Yes, Definitely!! The igniter and the flame detector are one in the same unit, it does both jobs!!!

The ingiter quits sparking once the flame is lit, it did no spark seems to have been grounding out with a build up of rust.

Back
Top Bottom