Tent trailer interior lights have stopped working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sportermom

I'm out of ideas.  I don't have lights via battery or when I'm plugged in.  My refrigerator works either way.  The fuse appears to be good on the converter and both circuit breakers are pushed in.  I've tried disconnecting the battery completely before plugging the power cord.  All with no results.  Anyone have something I can try?

On tent trailers there is often a designed "Break" in the wire between the lower part and the roof, this "Break" may be a Flat-2 connector (like a flat 4 trailer light connector) or a different kind of connector.

Or there may be a socket often on the side of the kitchen counter but again, can be anywhere, that needs to be plugged in for the lights to work.

I have found that there are two sets of wires (both blue and white) that meet up in the box under where the sink goes(when flipped back over) that terminate with connectors connecting white to white and blue to blue.  I'm not sure where to look next.

Make sure your battery connections are clean and tight. Corrosion on the battery posts can stop power from flowing in or out of the battery.

At the moment I have the battery disconnected and an extension cord running from my garage.  The lights don't work with AC or DC. Tonight I'm hoping to bring the top down and try to trace the wire that runs up the tent and into the roof to see if it came loose at that end. 

Hopefully, this was fixed months ago but I thought I'd mention our Fleetwood Niagara. Apparently, there is a switch on the back slide out bed. If that bed is not pulled all the way out, there are no lights.

Den Socling said:
Hopefully, this was fixed months ago but I thought I'd mention our Fleetwood Niagara. Apparently, there is a switch on the back slide out bed. If that bed is not pulled all the way out, there are no lights.

This very thing happened to us. When you pull the bed out it depresses a switch that completes the electrical supply circuit. This prevents the battery from draining while in transport or storage should you accidentally leave a light on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom