honda generators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwi73

i just bought two Honda 2000 generators and i heard that there Is a way to piggy them to get 4000 watts without buying the kit from Honda.help please!!!!!!!

From all the literature I've read, all you need to do is make up a 3-conductor cable (2-hot, one ground)(use at least #10ga. wire for the 'hots') with the appropriate male ends, and plug it into both generators and connect the ground wire to both. They have seperate female jacks for the connectors to be inserted into, plus a ground screw for the green wire ground. You don't use the regular outlets for paralleling them. The generators will synchronize themselves, but you MUST make your connections BEFORE starting either one. There are junction/outlet boxes made that have the necessary wires/plugs, and either a 30 or 50 amp rv-type receptacle for direct connection of the coach. Should be relatively simple to make your own outlet box should you decide to do so.

Yupper they sure can be hooked together.. I am not sure i would make my own but thats up to you.. We got the kit when we got our generators.. They work great and are so quite...  8)

The parrallel kit hooks to a special set of connectors on the generators.  Thus, without seeing a parrallel kit I'd not wish to try to make my own.

It may be nothing but wires with the proper plug,  In fact I suspect that's what it is, but do you wish to risk your investment on the word "Suspect"?  I don't

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom