Floor Vent Registers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smilen1122

I'm a new "fulltimer" and have encountered an issue that I'd like some input on. When I wear a shoe with any kind of heel  :-* on it and step onto the floor vent register - I'm bending some of the grates. Does anyone have a solution [other than not wearing heels inside] ? I know there are magnetic covers available [through Harriet Carter] but the reviews on them say that they do not stay in place. Any other suggestions or ideas?

smilen1122 Conroe, TX

I wear Original Swat boots.  This brand is designed to be worn for long periods of time and still be comfortable so that equates to soft rubber soles & heels.  With these boots I don't think I've ever dented a register cover.

Smilen, pull one of your registers from the floor to get a good measurement. Then replace them at Home Depot or Lowe's with some of the hard plastic ones that will give a bit when stepped on rather than bending. If they don?t stock your size they can order them for you in a few days.

Wear snickers!

R

All that chocolate would be messy!  :D  ;D

Couldn?t help myself Rich, hope all is good with you guys.

I do not even need to be wearing a shoe to do mine in.

THANKFULLY.... The registers are a standard size carried by Lowes or Home Depot. Now theirs have a damper in them (RV units do not) However it's easy to remove the damper

The RV units often have a pair of screw holes.. These can be ignored or you can drill the "House" types.  Just make sure you get the right size.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom