need some help 8.1l / allison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

terry735001

i am looking for a wiring diagrams PDF for the 2006 8.1 workhouse w22 pusher / not pusher      i need pusher

i all ready have the PDF  alliosn wiring diagrams for the 2006    ....Section 7 - Transmissions - Allison 2006.pdf  if i can stay in this PDF line would really make my day
i am sure some one out there has the CD from workhoues or the PDF        PS the CD i know of tho is only 2000 up to 04 i think so i am not sure if there is a newer one

i made a big post on why i need it with pics but got a ERRR.... aaaa puling my hear out so i staying small here as a test  lol

really need this bad so any help would get alot of thanks yous lol  most info on the net  is for 2001 2002  wrong years for the 6 speed  and is not MD there the LT

I'm confused about this W22 "pusher" you are asking about. All W22's are front engines with rear drive axle.

I'm don't know of a later Workhorse CD either, but there probably isn't much difference except for the 6-speed Allison vs the earlier 5 speed.

There are some 2004 and 2005 Workhorse chassis wiring diagrams on Bill "Duner"'s web site - see https://sites.google.com/site/billmarie2008/

i wanted to thank you very much for that
i well have to  look over it  to see if it is what i was looking for    the pin outs for the ECM/PCM all plugs    i am not sure if they had the 6 speed in 05
again thanks i would have never fond his page  .. ps  sorry for his wife tho

and i am sorry like i sade befor i did make a big post of what i was trying to doo but i got a errr and crashed 
so here is some more info on what i am trying to doo     

i am trying to copy the 8.1/allison setup you see in the gas pusher from workhorse    was thinking it was the W22 but i may have been wrong
i have a 2006  RV that had a gen fire and saved it from a junk yard  still good title but 90% of every was pulled so good price lol /free  all most
so all i had was a body / frame to work with   
it was some thing to just play arond with in the past time but 8 months in my wife became ell and then it was time to find a new way in life for us 
full timing was it ...but the time line  bit me and so i had to install a GM350/TH400 in a 40f DP 15 ton    and it drives like a 1 ton and moves arond ok  just no hills 
i have a 8.1 and a allison 1000MH  but no wiring  and so i am trying to make or find  the wiring as it is all i have left to get befor i can get it up running  right
this type of  work is not new to me and i made parade floats for a living befor  i became i full timer
now i am fighting with a new time line and want to get my wife out there to see every thing ....  well you all know
i have tryed to find a MD setup like this to take but most feel they want gold for it  any thing with the name allison is as bad as Honda

i have tryed emailing calling the hot rod shops but most are stand alone  and they only know the 2001 2002 setups  and can not help me
so after all most 8 months of looking i have fond i have to make my own wiring from plugs  but befor i can start i need wiring diagrams

at this time i am in a rv park in holt FL and so there is not much around me

The Workhorse chassis with a rear engine was called the UFO - Universal Fuel Option. That's because it could be configured with either an 8.1L gas V9 or 6 cylinder Cummins diesel.  Very few of the gas engine models were built, as I recall. It used an 6 speed Allison 2000 transmission. See the chassis specs at:
http://www.workhorse.com/default.aspx?tabid=478

The W20/W22 chassis was front engine rather than a pusher and used an Allison 1000MH, which was 5 speed until 2006 when the 6-speed version came out. Later, in late 2008, the W series chassis was offered with a MaxxForce diesel in front and called the W20D or W22D.

i looked at the  date stapes  on the 2005 doc  it has the TCM inputs from the 2004  and i am not sure if it was the 2004 or 2004.5  the .5 is when they added the 7v on the VB

i am really looking for the 2006 4th gen 6 speed / 3ed gen 8.1 wiring/ diagram

i really want to thank you for what you did give me and i am not iin any way trying to play give me give me lol 

but i hope that some one can help me find this info   

this is the only and first place any one posted back so i feel really good in how nice every one is here

Terry,

I really don't think what you need exists, at least online. That chassis is/was a almost one off model. there is prob. very little literature on it anywhere but some archive.

The plus side is that you may find someone on here that can help, I know that there is a couple of people that make odd engine swaps and tinker with things that would boggle the mind. Maybe one of them will post on here to help.

Steve

By the way, I live in Crestview...

yeah thats really is what i am doing is a engine swaps    thats why there is now a GM 350/th400 in a  freightliner xc chassis now lol

i fond a website that has the ufo wiring diagrams  https://www.brazelsrv.com/catalog/wiring-schematics-0  there asking 20$ for them  i emailed them asking if the info i am looking for is in them    when i get a eamil back i well post here so any one else that needs them and get them     

wish i could add pics  but all my pics are full size

and yeah i am in the Eagles Landing RV Park in holt  so i am 10 mins up the road

If you are looking for engine transmission ecm/pcm wiring diagrams search for that instead of rv manufacturer's diagram. Splicing that harness to the rv would likely be covered some what by the power train diagram. I've done some rewiring, not as in depth as this though.

Bill

well i now have the 2006 Workhorse ufo Chassis 81L Wire Schematic  if any one needs it late me know i had to pay for it  but  i have it 

but now i can make the wiring from the ground up  it has all the plugs part numbers

Terry I'm curious, why did you get the 2006 8.1 Allison pusher wiring diagram?  Is your Allison transmission and 8.1 engine  out of a 2006 8.1/Allison pusher RV?

If it isn't, I'm not sure how it will help you.  You will be modifying your 8.1 engine parts to work with the 2006 schematic and 2006 ECM that schematic uses and the transmission (if it's not from a 2006 pusher) might not work with the ECM and TCM that is included in the 2006 schematic you have.

If your 8.1 engine and Allison trans are from say a 2003 1 tin Suburban, then you should have gotten a schematic from a 2006 suburban and simply lengthen out the ETC(electronic throttle controls) wires that run from the gas pedal to the engine throttle, and ignition switch, speedo, gauges, gear selector. ctuise control etc etc..

I'm really hoping your 8.1 and trans are from the same vehicle.
Using the 2006 pusher schematic is wiring for components you don't even have.  Am I making any sense?

peace
Hog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom