The new face of Flickr.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

Parts of Flickr have been changing over the past year or so based on feedback from members. Then last week the official new face was introduced. The classic small thumbnails have been replaced with larger images, plus the general format has changed. The user photo and cover photo are now much like we see on FB and most all website templates.

The best way to view individual photos as always with most all viewers is to first press F11 to go into full screen. In Flickr, after a thumbnail is pressed, the background now automatically goes black for better viewing. One can then scroll down for more info on that image, mapping, tags, and such.

Also, in the lower right the slanted opposing arrows icon moves to lightbox mode. That is the best view to completely fill the screen - w/no ads or whatever.

Flickr now gives a full terabyte of storage in their free version - plus continue to give unlimited in the pro version. The pro fee was still $25 last year. I may go back to the free version as I could easily store all my images at full res out of the camera with a terabyte of storage. If sometimes a slideshow is slow it is because every image is over 5mb or so. If I'm doing a presentation, I will run the slideshow one time ahead of time to get that group of files down to my computer.

On the opening screen to the left just above the thumbnail or sets page there are menu items of SET and PHOTOSTREAM. My link here opens in SETS mode (flickr calls an Album, a Set). Photostream is a list of thumbnails of every picture for that member in the order they were uploaded. Mine go back to 2009.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bob-bluecanon/sets/

BTW, Flickr is a Yahoo product, and Picasa is by Google - and are the two most used and popular. To compare the two, Google something like, Flickr vs. Picasa. There are tons of such websites. Unfortunately, this new Flickr look is probably not included in the comparisons as yet. Either is for any level of photographer. You will find beginners posting on both as well as some of the best photographers in the world. So they are a good experience either way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom