2006 Winnebago Vectra Slides not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once again I've come to the experts to assist me.  This morning I extended all my slides (3) with no issues.  Just now I  retracted the first slide, stopped about 3/4 of the way to move an item, then attempted to continue the retract and the slide would not come in.  I can hear the hydraulic motor but it sounds different, more like its freewheeling.  I tried to extend the slide and nothing, same sound.  I tried the other slides same thing.  I checked the hydraulic fluid reservoir container in the engine compartment and it appears to be at the correct level.  I've owned the unit for 1 year now and I'm not an expert to say the least. 
Can anyone assist diagnosis the problem?
Thanks,
Rob.

I've checked the reservoir under the front steps by the hydraulic pumps.  The reservoir is about 1 inch "below" the dip stick, two slides are open and one is 3/4 closed.  I'm guessing this could be the issue.  What kind of hydraulic fluid do I put into the system?  Automatic trans fluid?  I'm at my home and can purchase any kind.  Thanks,
Rob.

I've checked the reservoir under the front steps by the hydraulic pumps.  The reservoir is about 1 inch "below" the dip stick, two slides are open and one is 3/4 closed.  I'm guessing this could be the issue.  What kind of hydraulic fluid do I put into the system?  Automatic trans fluid?  I'm at my home and can purchase any kind.  Thanks,
Rob.

I would not add any fluid until the slides are in. Why? The missing fluid from the reservoir is now in the hydraulic cylinders and lines when they are extended and will be pushed back into the reservoir as the slides come in. Adding fluid at this point will result in a messy overflow when they do.

I do not know enough about this system to further advise you but it would seem that an electric valve or valves are not operating to allow the fluid back. Don't know why this fault would appear just because you stopped pulling in a slide though. Call HWH (if the system is an HWH), they are pretty good at helping when they can.

Back
Top Bottom