A little Firefox enigma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

I am using FF 21.0 - the latest recommended upgrade.

Problem: When trying to copy part of a text I usually use the copy/paste method and then in the editor function I use the copy button.  Worked well until lately; I used to get the opening quote command 
then the blinking cursor and then the closing command 

Lately I only get the opening command. The closing command only appears at the very bottom of my added new text, causing the entire post to be highlighted in light blue.

To overcome this I now manually type the closing command at the end of the intended text I want quoted.

I tried it using IE and it works properly there.

Anyone have sympathy ?  or an explanation ?

Interesting; after I read my actual entry of this post . In my original text I actually typed the actual commands before and after typing the line listed above in light blue.

Who is confused by now ?

Star Firefox in safe mode and if the problem goes away you have a problem addon.

Also, try toggling the "Toggle View" button, right most on the second line buttons.

I just reviewed several previous discussions of the WYSIWYG feature and this is the normal behavior.  The intended use of the Quote button in the WYSIWYG editor is to highlight the text to be quoted, then click the button.  The Hyperlink button works the same way.  With the WYSIWYG editor off, the buttons just insert the tags leaving you to fill in the text.  The Toggle View button turns the WYSIWYG editor on and off and it can be set on by default in your profile.

Ned, thanks much for that additional info.

Got it working again by turning off the WUSIWYG option. Must be something new because I have never noticed that before over the years with it turned on; yet I never used it for what it was intended.

I am happy, again, with your advise. What do I owe you ? Where do I send a donation ? At my age it is easy to go in circles.  ;D

I am also happy to see the re-appearance of the BBC code when entering the emoticons. Allows me to use them in the simple quick answer box after making a list.  ;)

Carson, you're welcome.  You can send the donation using the Donate button on the top toolbar :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom