June Lake, Yosemite & Lake Diaz Memorial Day Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Campfire RV

We had a great Memorial Day weekend camping and fishing. We camped out at the Oh Ridge campground in June Lake Friday night and the temps were below freezing at night. This campground is nestled on a hillside looking over June Lake with really pretty views all around but the sites were a little small and too close together for a NP campground with no hookups. I woke up the family just a little after 5am Saturday morning so we could head up to Yosemite National Park. We arrived at the Yosemite NP Tioga Road Entrance at 6am. During the drive the traffic was minimal and we were able to see ...large numbers of deer grazing the open fields and two beavers.

We stopped at a couple nice lookout sites along the drive to the Yosemite Valley and took in some tremendous views still in our PJ's (The life of RVing) ;D. We arrived at the Yosemite Valley around 8:30am and stopped to take the short .5 mile hike to Bridevail Falls. We drove to the parking lot next to the Visitors Center and hiked about 7 miles throughout the day. The weather was absolutely perfect all day, and the hikes to the water falls were beautiful. My 5 y/o daughter was exhausted when we got back to the MH and she was lights out after the first 15 minutes of driving back to the campground.

We arrived at Lake Diaz Sunday afternoon and enjoyed the warmer weather and fishing. I didn't catch anything Sunday but we woke up Sunday morning at 5am and caught a small trout in the first 10 minutes of fishing. I had several good bites the next couple hours but lost everyone of them so I just fed the fish so we quit after that. I also spend a little time before leaving teaching my daughter how to fish, she enjoyed it about 10 minutes until her patience ran out so she began playing in the water.

Teh drive back home was a little rough with some strong crosswinds so I just dropped the cruise control down to 55mph and enjoyed the drive as best I could.

Thanks for the report. Sorry you didn't get to catch the big one.

I also spend a little time before leaving teaching my daughter how to fish, she enjoyed it about 10 minutes until her patience ran out so she began playing in the water.

Unfortunately, kids get 'hooked' on fishing if/when they catch that first fish. They often run out of patience if the fish aren't biting.

Tom said:
Unfortunately, kids get 'hooked' on fishing if/when they catch that first fish. They often run out of patience if the fish aren't biting.

We're attending a Kids' Fishing Derby this weekend at Lake Isabella with the Teaching Kids to Fish organization so she should have a better chance to catch one there. This year they are blocking off a small cove in the lake and fill it with fish and only allow the kids to fish in the cove to help their chances of catching some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom