2014 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks so much Sheila and Ken for again hosting the non-hosted, non-rally.  Had a great time.  We know a lot of hard work goes into the non-planning, so very much appreciate what you two do to make us all feel welcome and comfortable.  Stay well.  See you when we see you.  Also was happy to get out and about for a few conversations with some of the newbies.  Met some really great people.

Daisy and Fred

We are safe and sound at home in Yuma for  2 nights.  Laundry, laundry, laundry, grocery shopping and maybe  interior coach cleaning  is on the agenda.  We had a wonderful time in Catalina with several things on the to do list for next year. It is always fun to leave a place wanting to come back!  We will be back, same site, same dates.

On now to the next adventure  in Indio at the FMCA Western Area Rally.  The group caravaning to Indio is coming to our home tomorrow to share  in more  fun. 
Thanks  Ken and Sheila and  all of our party hosts on New Years.  It's gonna be a great  New Year!

Thanks everyone for another great rally. They just keep getting better. We are at Fortuna tonight and off to the FMCA rally at Indio Monday.

Same timeframe.  From just before ( for some) to just after Christmas (for others) through  New Years  plus or  minus a few days.  In other words over New Years, Your dates your choice.  We will be arriving  12/27 and departing January 3, 2015

Bill,

The rally has really always been basically been 12/27 through 1/2.  Not that it means much because some will arrive before the 27 and some after.  We will be there before Christmas and leave on the 3rd.

I would encourage anyone who thinks they might want to attend to get reservations early because this past year the park sold out. A couple of nights even all their dry camping spots were filled.

Reservations require up front payment, but there is only a $5 charge if you cancel.

ken

That is a great idea, but we do it much earlier.  Maybe I could convince the powers to let me go and lay some groundwork!

We made reservations already for 2014-2015 Catalina New Years Rally. After reading the thread Susan and I thought it might be fun to attend. Besides, it's time we start doing something during the Christmas/New Years season, our kids are grown and it gets boring around the house during that week. The last time we were in the Tucson area I was working and we didn't have an opportunity to see the area.

We've reserved site B28.

John, there is a lot to explore in the Tucson area. I'm sure you will have a good time and we will get to see your new rig.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
John, there is a lot to explore in the Tucson area. I'm sure you will have a good time and we will get to see your new rig.
ken

I was the Project Superintendent for the Toys-R-Us store in Tucson when I worked for another builder during the late 1980s. I never got to see any of the area. I have always wanted to do a day trip to Tombstone (85 miles 1-way) we will go down there for a day during the week.

Making plans a year out is dangerous, but as I was looking at the Catalina State Park website I noticed that it was already filling up. We are looking forward to meeting everyone, if we don't cross paths before the end of the year...who knows, it is a small world after all.

BradySCNL said:
When is the next event happening in Catalina?

The New years 2015 rally is basically from 12/27/14 until 1/2/15, but some folks arrive before Christmas and some stay later.

ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom