2014 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daisy, we're glad you will join us again.

Rally List:

B21 ? Randy & Debbie    12/24-1/2 ?
B21 - Jennifer & Dan 12/27- 1/1
B22 - Fred&Daisy 12/24 - 1/2
B32 ? Ray & Liza  12/27-1/4
B33 - Ken & Sheila 12/24 - 1/2
B34 - Jeff & Sue 12/27 - 1/2 ??
B35 - Terry & Betty 12/27 - 1/3
??  - Russ M 12/26 - 1/2 ??

We have a conflict in site B21!
Randy, did you change sites?

ken

Ken, Randy may be out of internet cell service if he's still in Yellowstone.

ArdraF

Ken,

Unfortunately, we must return to Florida this winter so will miss the New Year's rally. We had a great time this year! Our future returns to the Southwest are up in the air as we do not know how much longer we will be working at Yellowstone. Time and age progresses and we do miss our home site in Florida. If Pat could only win the Lotto!!!!  ;D ;D

Maybe it's time to think about selling the Florida lot and finding something in the Southwest. :)

Chet,

Loop B, almost any site will take your rig. B20, 19, 17 would all be close to the group - these are pull-thurs with beautiful mountain views.
All of Loop B is 50amp and water. 
Ken

All,

There are still plenty of sites available.

Jim Dick said:
Ken,

1. If Pat could only win the Lotto!!!!  ;D ;D       

2. Maybe it's time to think about selling the Florida lot and finding something in the Southwest. :) 

1. That's what Fred says to me at each drawing.  What's the matter with you guy doing your share :p

2. That's about the best piece of news [sense?] I've heard in a long time....    ;)

To Chet:

We're so looking forward to seeing you guys out west again.  :) :) :)

Daisy

Jim Dick said:
Ken,

Unfortunately, we must return to Florida this winter so will miss the New Year's rally. We had a great time this year! Our future returns to the Southwest are up in the air as we do not know how much longer we will be working at Yellowstone. Time and age progresses and we do miss our home site in Florida. If Pat could only win the Lotto!!!!  ;D ;D

Maybe it's time to think about selling the Florida lot and finding something in the Southwest. :)

Jim,
Sorry you are going to miss Catalina, but you could start a Florida/SE New Years get together.

It's always nice to go back to our HT lot after our summer travels, but then after a month I'm ready to leave again!

One problem in the Southwest is a lack of nice places where you can buy a lot. Primary reason we ended up at HT.

We won't see you this summer. Somehow we made it to YS each of the last 3 years, but as you know this year we are headed east

Hope to see you in the fall as you start your travels home.

ken

Chet,

Looks like you'll be right behind us.

Look for yo seeing you - maybe we'll even find a way to see you before Catalina.

ken'

We just signed up for B37 for the period of 12/23 to 1/6

I hope we do not have to cancel as we did last year.

Hope to see all and have a great time.

Jim,

Glad you plan to join us again.

Rally List:

B21 ? Randy & Debbie    12/24-1/2 ?
B21 - Jennifer & Dan 12/27- 1/1
B22 - Fred&Daisy 12/24 - 1/2
B32 ? Ray & Liza  12/27-1/4
B33 - Ken & Sheila 12/24 - 1/3
B34 - Jeff & Sue 12/27 - 1/2 ??
B35 - Terry & Betty 12/27 - 1/3
B37 - Jim & Pat G. 12/23 -1/6
B38 - Chet & Laurie 12/23 - 1/3
??  - Russ M 12/26 - 1/2 ??

We have a conflict in site B21!
Randy, did you change sites?

ken

Daisy,

Though I really love our place in FL, they want to buy the golf course. That puts an additional burden on all the lot owners. I have no desire to be part of a golf course ownership!

Ken,

I could live in Yuma if I could afford to buy a place. We always enjoyed our stay at Jerry Ray's lot. Should have purchased when we first visited!

Jim Dick said:
Daisy,

Though I really love our place in FL, they want to buy the golf course. That puts an additional burden on all the lot owners. I have no desire to be part of a golf course ownership!

Ken,

I could live in Yuma if I could afford to buy a place. We always enjoyed our stay at Jerry Ray's lot. Should have purchased when we first visited!

Jim,

We have passed on several places because the home owners own the golf courses. There are at least a few communities in AZ that have seen the dues go up and had special assessments to cover their golf courses. Not a good deal.

I think in Yuma you could buy for less than the asking price - lots of lots for sale.

ken

Jim, lots of inexpensive land in the Hill Country, and much closer to the SW than FL :)

Ken,

I think owning a golf course as a community is a losing proposition. We'll have to see how things have progressed when we get back in the fall.

Ned,

I could enjoy living close to San Antonio as the Hill Country seems to be the best part of the state! Arizona, on the other hand, offers lots of off road opportunities and I could see another Geo Tracker in my future!  ;D ;D

Randy,

So are we in CTL-B-21 Arrival 12/12/2013 Departure 1/1/2014.  I am looking at the Reservation Receipt as I type this.  Got confirmation number reserved on May 28, 2013.

Are you sure you are also in Catalina State Park site B21.

Jennifer

I called Reservations (520 586 2283) to confirm my reservation for site B21.  It is confirmed that I do have the site.  Randy check your records or give them a call as you are not in site B21.

Sorry for the confusion but better to know there is a problem early then in December.

Jennifer

I'm bewitched, bothered and bewildered. I made a reservation for Site B21 before we left Catalina last January for this December. About 6 weeks ago, after realizing that I couldn't remember whether we were to arrive on the 23rd or 24th, I called the park and they brought up my reservation and told me that we were in Site B21 from Dec. 23rd until the 1st of January. After seeing Jennifer's post yesterday, I called the park and was told that there was a record of my reservations for the last three years, but none for this December. So, fortunately, the error has been found early enough to rectify it. Ken, we'll be in B25 this year, but I may not be able to find the rest of the group as I will be totally disoriented. If you don't hear from me on the 24th after you arrive, please send Sheila June down to look for me as I probably won't be able to find my way around from that new site. It'll be very unsettling. I can only hope that I acclimate quickly. This whole ordeal has been very trying. I'm going to take an Ambien, or maybe two, and go to bed. I hope that things look better in the morning.

Randy

Back
Top Bottom