2014 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill, welcome to the group. When you get a chance, please post your date of arrival and departure.  Thanks

Paul and Ann, welcome back to Catalina SP.

Rally List:

B3  - Richard & Linda 12/27 - 1/3
B20 - Jerry & Ardra 12/27 - 1/3
B21 - Jennifer & Dan 12/27- 1/1
B22 - Fred&Daisy 12/24 - 1/2
B24 - Dwight & Burnetta 12/26 - 1/2
B25 ? Randy & Debbie 12/23 - 1/1
B27 - Henry & Margaret 12/27 - 1/4
B30 - Mike & Laurie 12/27 - 1/2
B32 ? Ray & Liza  12/27-1/4
B33 - Ken & Sheila 12/24 - 1/3
B34 - Jeff & Sue 12/28 - 1/2 ??
B35 - Terry & Betty 12/27 - 1/3
B37 - Bill, HueyPilotVN 12/23 - 1/6
B38 - Chet & Laurie 12/23 - 1/3
B39 - Frank & Barb 12/27 - 1/3
B40 - Larry and Loretta 12/24 - 1/7
B57 - Paul & Ann 12/22 - 1/4
??  - Russ M 12/26 - 1/2 ??

ken

The dates are 12-23-2013 to 01-06-2014.  I really look forward to the rally.  I also have two 20 foot canopies that you are all welcome to use at your Happy Hour meeting site,  Not pushing, Just offering.  I also have a fully equipped workshop in case anyone wants to do any projects or needs any tools or parts.  Free of course.

I  just love the number of first time attendees we will have at this rally. I think that only  brave, fun personable folks commit to  people they have only met "online."  I am looking forward to  meeting all of you.  I hope it is warmish weather as  I recall standing around in freezing cold  wind does not make for good conversation with people.  I also plan to do a  fair bit of  hiking/walking around the park to work off  holiday calories. 

I also  plan to attend a  movie (or two) as the movie theatre is a 10 minute drive away. I plan to shop at World  Market and Wal Mart across the street.  I also  plan to go out to eat at Red Lobster and in & Out  Burger........oh wait this rally does not have any formal plans!  But you get my gist!

Sorry that Jim and Pat won't be able to join us this year  but very happy to connect  with the rest of the guest list!

All that sounds Great Betty.....well except the shopping but Im sure Burnetta will happily send all day at World Market and Walmart. Looking forward to it!
Dwight

InVogue said:
Make that "spend" all day rather than "send"    did I say I can't type?????  ;D

Funny, I knew exactly what you meant before your correction.  Women all have the same gene!

You are partially right, my dear friend, Betty. It doesn't take brave, fun and personable folks to commit to attending a rally with folks they've only met online. It takes brave, fun and personable folks to commit to coming to a second rally after they've had the opportunity to meet the internet people in person.

Randy

OMG! Unbelievable! Today when I tried to extend our stay at Catalina for a couple of days in Site B25, I was told (in a rather lengthy conversation) that I already had a confirmed, and paid for, reservation for those days in Site B21, and the lady immediately sent me a confirmation e-mail. When I told her that my new best friend ferfer was also confirmed in that site, she asked to call me back. By the time the phone rang a few minutes later, I was so confused (it really doesn't take much) with dates and sites that, when she asked if I would mind taking SiteB25 instead of B21, I told her that I didn't mind at all if we could, once and for all, get this settled. So, Ken, for your list, Debby and I will be in Site B25 from 12/24 to 1/4 instead of 12/23 to 1/1?..I think?.I hope. I guess that, if worst comes to worst, we'll just stay parked at our house and drive to The Park during the days. Did I mention that I was confused as to how the dates and Site of my reservation keeps getting confirmed and then changed? The lady was very forthcoming about the fact that they'd been having some problems with their computer program.

So, we'll see you on the 24th. Have I said anything about my state of confusion?

Thank you Randy.  I would have gladly traded you B21 but it appeared things were so confused that I was afraid they would loose us both.  ::), esp. when arrival/departure dates were different.  Looks like they lost me this time.  ;D

Jennifer Hopefully in site B21.

I am in Quartzsite now but I think I will head over to Catalina State Park tomorrow or Sunday.  I called and they have room.  I might have to go without electricity a day but that is what I am doing here at La Posa anyway. 

I have been camping at the circle that includes Steve and Sue from this Forum.

Nice group here and I will return after the ralley at Catalina.

We are ready and will leave for Catalina on Tuesday (and arrive there on Tuesday).  Looks like 7 coaches coming early to be there for Christmas.

Rally List:

B3  - Richard & Linda 12/27 - 1/3
B20 - Jerry & Ardra 12/27 - 1/3
B21 - Jennifer & Dan 12/27- 1/1
B22 - Fred&Daisy 12/24 - 1/2
B24 - Dwight & Burnetta 12/26 - 1/2
B25 ? Randy & Debbie 12/24 - 1/4
B27 - Henry & Margaret 12/27 - 1/4
B30 - Mike & Laurie 12/27 - 1/2
B32 ? Ray & Liza  12/27-1/4
B33 - Ken & Sheila 12/24 - 1/3
B34 - Jeff & Sue 12/28 - 1/2 ??
B35 - Terry & Betty 12/27 - 1/3
B37 - Bill, HueyPilotVN 12/23 - 1/6
B38 - Chet & Laurie 12/23 - 1/3
B39 - Frank & Barb 12/27 - 1/3
B40 - Larry and Loretta 12/24 - 1/7
B57 - Paul & Ann 12/22 - 1/4
??  - Russ M 12/30 - 1/2 ??

ken

Hi Ken & Sheila, Randy & Debbie, Jim & Pat D, Jerry & Ardra, and all the great folks we met at the 2013 rally,

Like Jim & Pat D, we will not be able to make it to the rally this year... we tried until the last minute, but it has proved just about impossible to leave Brazil.  :-\

We do miss you, and regret not being able to join you  this time.  :'(

We wish you all a great time, and please post many pictures so we can join you at least virtually!  :)

Cheers,
--
  Vall & Mo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom