Rock-n-Roll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2006F350

Well, side to side anyway. Been doing quite a bit of reading, but haven't been able to find a definite answer anywhere, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

When we set up, I make sure the trailer is level side-to-side then put wheel chocks ahead of the front tires and behind the rear. Next, I extend the landing jacks until the trailer is a tad nose low, run down the rear stabilizers until snug, back to the front and level it up front-to-back. Next comes the tripod which I run up pretty snug. I have no front-to-back motion that I can feel, but when I'm in back watching TV or such and the better half is in the kitchen, I feel a bit of side-to-side motion when she moves around (she's 4'10" and 80Lbs, so I discount her weight being the cause). I've even gone back out and put a couple extra cranks on the rear stabilizer, but it doesn't seem to help much.

I've read where folks state that they are using roto-choks and the like where they fit between the tandem wheels and apply pressure. Guess my question is: does this help the side-to-side motion? I can understand it stopping front-to-back, but if it helps side-to-side, it is a little above my grasp at this point. Are these type chocks really worth the $100+ per pair investment?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to inform this old newbe to 5W - I didn't have this dilemma in my previous life with a Class A.

Larry

Dunno, Larry, but the Roto-chocks or BAL locking chocks BAL Deluxe chocks are great. Chock & Lock is another good one.  They stop a lot of the "jiggle" that comes from minute tire rotation as the trailer suspension compresses and rebounds as people move around.

The king pin stabilizer should stop the side swing, so maybe you need to either orient it differently or tighten it up some more. A few more cranks on the rear stabilizers won't hurt either. But you are probably never going to get rid of every bit of movement - there is just too much flex everywhere.  If you are used to living/working in concrete floored buildings, any suspended wood floor is going to give you fits for a few years, until you getused to the small flex movements.

RV Roamer, thanx for the info. When I got the tripod, it was with the hopes that it would stop some of the wiggle, but it didn't seem to. Is there a 'correct' way to use it? I've just sort of pushed it up without trying to orient the legs any particular direction and crank the cup up pretty snug. I've got to go to my dealer tomorrow to pick up my trailer - it was in for some warranty work. I'll see what they have for going between the tandem tires, if they don't, guess it's another order at Camping World (dang, I wish they had a store closer than 200 miles asay so I could go there and act like a kid turned loose in a candy store).

Larry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom