MOAB 2014 RV FORUM RALLY, MAY 11-17, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
danielhaxton said:
Daniel Haxton and Janet Avent will attend this rally.  We have reservations at Portal for 5/11, 5/12 and 5/13.  We will be attending the FMCA rally before
this one.

Welcome back Danial and Janet, If I  recall you joined  our group for a similar amount of days last year too?  Am I right?

I'm getting so excited about the  upcoming Moab rally.  I've  purchased the bright papers for our calendar of events and have my sticky notes all ready to go for our Sunday afternoon planning session.  I would ask that  everyone who has  an idea for an activity they want to do to  be all ready to " share the details" at the meeting. We will try to schedule activities so that our 4:30 Happy Hours can take place daily.  If you've got a name tag please wear it as we will have new  people and some of us old people can't recall everyones names either!

So if you have a specific hike or jeep trail you'll be willing to lead be ready to jump up and say "PICK ME!" for a leader. Or if you want to arrange a group dinner or luncheon, opportunities exist for your talents. Speaking of talent one year we had a show............hmmmmmmmm?

Many of our activities are weather  dependent so we remain flexible.
Betty
site 4

Betty:
  We are so bummed that we are going to miss the Sunday planning session again!  I am sure you will fill us in on Monday when we get there.  If I can give my 2 cents now, I know Dee and I would love to participate in an "easy" off road trip sometime during the week.  So if something like that gets scheduled, if could please not be on Monday, that would be great?  Thanks for all you do to make it a great trip.  A year later we are still talking about what a great time we had last year and what a great group of people the framily is.  ;D

Thanks,

Steve & Dee

Daniel and Janet, welcome to the group and the Moab rally in particular.  Don't forget the aforementioned happy hour the first evening.  We generally gather at the pavilion, assuming it's available, otherwise just look for the largest gathering and it will probably be the RV Forum!

ArdraF

Betty can I arrange girls night out event? I have great experience in that regard. Monkey is willing to help also.

Jan Stiskala said:
Betty can I arrange girls night out event? I have great experience in that regard. Monkey is willing to help also.

You are welcome to do anything your little heart desires, not  a guarantee that any of the girls would  follow you however!  8)

Firstly Betty, I have big heart. Secondly I maybe take you on and surprise you.

Announcement!!!
Ladies night out will be organised by Jan for all ladies who think that they husbands don't help them enough with housework, cleaning, doing laundry and ironing. Dinner and drinks are free.
Ladies with perfect husbands are not welcome, that excludes Olga.

Now it is official. Monkey will collect all applications.

Certainly someone will be pointing this out, so I will jump in first.

Mary Ann will be invited twice!

Edit: That did not refer to Mary Ann's 2 imperfect husbands, but to the 2 imperfections I have exhibited this year.....

After that 5 year younger comment you made on Margaret Facebook pic she will surely go with you Jan.

Thanks everybody.  Yes, we were there last year.  Daniel loves "gear head" talk, so be prepared.
We have the coach with the big "RV Doctor" sign.  I think we have only 2 solar panels left, but Daniel is happiest when he's getting dirty. 

Daniel Haxton and Janet Avent
American Eagle
with a Jeep toad
Southern California

If Daniel is happiest when he's getting dirty, then he should just sit around and talk with Jan, and monkey. He'll get dirty just sitting there (and reading any applications that Jan may get for the ladies' night out)!

I arrived in Moab this PM.  Tonight I'm in space 54.  Tomorrow and next week in space 30.  The Rally week TBA. 
Looking forward to a great time.  :)

Well now, last Wednesday our neighbor's house caught fire and in all of the excitement to make sure that everyone was out of the house and that their dogs were safe I had to scale a 6' CMU Wall with 2' of rod iron fencing with my fat body, and then break through a set of "well-constructed" French Doors to rescue their two Miniature Dachshunds. I was literally barefoot when the fire broke out and my neighbor came screaming that her house was on fire, and brilliant me went running out of the house...barefoot.

Long story short, I pulled a bunch of muscles in my rib area, bruised my feet, and I strained a knee pretty badly. To compound matters my wife seems to have seriously injured her foot over the weekend. We'll know more about my wife's foot later today after her Doctor's visit and subsequent imaging (Xray). I am hoping to feel some relief after I had a massage earlier today.

We might have to cancel driving up to the rally at the last minute...  :'(

Oscar Mike said:
Well now, last Wednesday our neighbor's house caught fire and in all of the excitement to make sure that everyone was out of the house and that their dogs were safe I had to scale a 6' CMU Wall with 2' of rod iron fencing with my fat body, and then break through a set of "well-constructed" French Doors to rescue their two Miniature Dachshunds. I was literally barefoot when the fire broke out and my neighbor came screaming that her house was on fire, and brilliant me went running out of the house...barefoot.

Long story short, I pulled a bunch of muscles in my rib area, bruised my feet, and I strained a knee pretty badly. To compound matters my wife seems to have seriously injured her foot over the weekend. We'll know more about my wife's foot later today after her Doctor's visit and subsequent imaging (Xray). I am hoping to feel some relief after I had a massage earlier today.

We might have to cancel driving up to the rally at the last minute...  :'(

That sucks.  Hope you guys are alright and glad no one was seriously injured in your neighbor's house fire.

Hope you are still able to make it to Moab.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom