MOAB 2014 RV FORUM RALLY, MAY 11-17, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another Honoree at Happy Hour was  Big Larry who had a birthday today.  I've heard it is the  "almost medicare" birthday.  Thank you to Loretta who  "baked " all day and provided yummy chocolate  cake, plates , napkins and forks for our Happy hour feast.  Any reason for a celebrations!

Attachments

• IMG_9575.JPG
    IMG_9575.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 41
So where did Mike Z take you all ? I've seen pictures and posts but no one has said where this run was !

New comers arrived today, Steve and Dee.  But Steve spent all of Happy Hour on his  dumb phone with his plumber  to shut off the water leaking down the street in his neighborhood from a bad sprinkler valve.  Welcome Steve and Dee. 

We also welcomed Mike and Susan from Las Vegas (having been weather delayed) His Jeep is shiny and  he is signed up for a  Jeep run tomorrow. Susan will be  do watching/training as their pets are also on their first RV trip.

I  had hoped My hubby Terry would be  "good to go" for a first  Happy Hour  of this trip but on his way out the door I snagged him to assist Chris and Mimi with a toilet hose sprayer  repair. ( Terry hates Plumbing) He never made Happy  hour, cake  nor awards.  BUT he along with Ken  Kuch and Chris were able to fix the plumbing toilet problem.  Now the REAL Happy hour was held in  the Pennings coach listening to Mimi describe the NEED for the spray  wand.  Why does every  RVForum conversation lead to Black water? If laughter is  longevity,  think Sheila and I added years to our life with Mimi's  dialogue. Oh Oh oh.  Then  home to fix dinner in.  The schedule of  changes with the  sticky notes will have to wait until after I digest my food and watch Dancing with the Stars.

****By the way Terry said he was not headed to Happy Hour but out to  connect our sewer hose. 
Seems he only feels well enough to drive or to eat and do the blue jobs.

It took me the better part of a year to get Goofy sober after he spent so much time with Henry last year. And now Henry has him back again. Oh, poor Goofy!!

Here are a few Pics on the Jeep Run today. After the small fall I had today the hot tub at Portal felt really good. My dog really likes Goofy and Goofy sure likes my Beer, Randy

Attachments

• Moab Jeep run 001.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 001.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Moab Jeep run 001-001.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 001-001.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Moab Jeep run 002.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 002.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Moab Jeep run 003.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 003.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Moab Jeep run 006.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 006.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Moab Jeep run 011.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 011.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Moab Jeep run 020.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 020.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Moab Jeep run 022.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 022.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Moab Jeep run 031.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 031.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Moab Jeep run 037.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 037.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Moab Jeep run 038.JPG
    Moab Jeep run 038.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 42
Looks like you all had a nice run.  Did the trail have a name?

I love the Goofy and dog photo Henry!  I wonder where Monkey was during all this?

ArdraF

Betty,

We really enjoyed the day and had fun on our own happy hour with the Brewers and Kuchs. By the way one of the reasons that we participate on those rallies, besides meeting all of our new and old friends, is that we are always surrounded by our certified mechanics Terry and Ken. During the process of fixing the toilet problem both Terry and Ken were sticking their nose in the big hole and despite the smell they concluded the Pennings do eat pretty well. Thanks guys for fixing the problem. When I asked Terry how things were going he said fine I don't feel sick anymore.
I did spend half of the day buying the parts for the toilet and the toad braking system while Mimi cleaned the coach. When the toilet problem was fixed she had a new job cleaning up again.
When our guest asked why do you need that toilet bowl sprayer anyway :) we answered we are from California and have had no rain and are on water restrictions so in stead of showers we use that sprayer

chris & mimi

Chris

Glad you got the hose fixed. Now you will have both hands free. ;D

Susan and I enjoyed meeting everyone, the entire group made us feel very welcome, which we really appreciate. AND I met "monkey". I am looking forward to a fun day today.

Here is the required group shot of everyone.  I am dancing in the foreground
because I realized I used my 2 second timer instead of 10 seconds.  I did not
get back to the chorus line in time for the 'snap', but I got in enough to prove
I was there.  We had a great day despite cold temps and some pretty stiff wind.

Attachments

• Jeep Crew.jpg
    Jeep Crew.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 51
Chris
How the heck did we manage to have so many laughs over black water and bodily functions last night?  Our dear friend Russ was surely looking down and having a big chuckle over our conversation...If laughter is as healthy as they say it is Betty, Mimi and myself surely got a big boost last night..

Sheila

To answer Wendy and Ardra's question, we did Mineral Creek trail yesterday and followed it up with half the group heading back and the other half returning by way of Bartlett Wash trail.  All in all a good day with great friends.

Scenery was great where we stopped for lunch with an overlook of the Green River but it could have been a little warmer so we could have enjoyed it longer.

Mike.

Eight of us had a great, but cool and windy, hike out to Delicate Arch today.  Happily the busloads of school kids left so we ate lunch with one of the most fabulous views in the world.  The sky was blue, the arch was beautiful, and the LaSal Mountains in the background were covered with snow.  In fact the LaSals got more snow last night and most of them are well covered.  It was simply magnificent and we felt fortunate to be able to experience it.

Christi was the one who saved our day.  When we arrived at the parking lot, it was packed because the Wolfe Ranch part of the road farther out was closed.  It must have been damaged in the last rain because it was flooded and equipment was there to work on it.  We finally found a long RV parking place.  Christi pulled into it and said to herself "I have a Jeep and I can drive up over that curb" so that's what she did.  Jerry guided her as far forward as possible, then he guided me to within a few inches of Christi, and than he guided Big Larry within inches of me.  So we got three vehicles into that one space.  I thought it was a wonderful use of space.  The bus drivers thought it was pretty clever too. I'll bet a lot of people saw us and thought someone was going to come back and find themselves trapped.  Nothing like three friends to solve a problem!  Unfortunately the Nesbitts couldn't find a place to park there so they went to their alternate hike which we'll hear about at happy hour.  When we returned from our hike, cars were parked out along the road for quite a distance.

ArdraF

Jerry was out in front and watching so fingers crossed!  She just kissed it up and over, very gently.

ArdraF

We were off today to Gemini Bridge and Bull Canyon. Here are a few pics from our Jeep run.

Attachments

• Gemini Bridge and Bull Run 020.JPG
    Gemini Bridge and Bull Run 020.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 38
  • Gemini Bridge and Bull Run 014.JPG
    Gemini Bridge and Bull Run 014.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Gemini Bridge and Bull Run 011.JPG
    Gemini Bridge and Bull Run 011.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Gemini Bridge and Bull Run 023.JPG
    Gemini Bridge and Bull Run 023.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Gemini Bridge and Bull Run 004.JPG
    Gemini Bridge and Bull Run 004.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Gemini Bridge and Bull Canyon 019.JPG
    Gemini Bridge and Bull Canyon 019.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Gemini Bridge and Bull Canyon 021.JPG
    Gemini Bridge and Bull Canyon 021.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Gemini Bridge and Bull Canyon 038.JPG
    Gemini Bridge and Bull Canyon 038.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Gemini Bridge and Bull Canyon 052.JPG
    Gemini Bridge and Bull Canyon 052.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 36
Tuesday  May 13  THE AWARDS

First off, good byes to Dean and Linda and Janet and Daniel.  Happy travels to your next adventures.

Care Bear was presented to Ardra for herding  cats on the hike today.  Keeping her followers  in line and following her has been a  problem  and  they  who were lost know it!

Goofy was presented to Jerry  for a yesterday event.  During Happy hour a  big spill took place as Jerry  knocked over  a big drink belonging to someone.  Earlier  in  evening he  spilled all of  Ardra's wine too.

Happy Face was shared by two grinning men  today.  John took his  "new "  jeep out on the trails today for his maiden voyage.  Steve hitched a ride with him and even got a chance to drive down some of the trail.  Oh my gosh  those grins!

A special award was given to Christi for her  skill in driving her Jeep.  The t  shirt speaks for itself. Go girls!

Attachments

• IMG_9596.JPG
    IMG_9596.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9597.JPG
    IMG_9597.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9601.JPG
    IMG_9601.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9593.JPG
    IMG_9593.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 51
Thanks to the entire group for a great time, and thank you for your hospitality, Susan and I felt that we were amongst friends. God willing we'll be seeing you all down the road.

Wednesday Awards

First off we welcomed newcomers Karen and Mike who were able to find the  Happy Hour by following the  noise, laughter and hoots. They were delayed in arrival by some Motorhome issues which remain to be discussed.  But hey they finally made it here!

Reports were given of the  activities of the day.  Jeeping, biking,hiking, sleeping and site seeing were the highlighted activities.

CARE BEAR was presented to Olga due to her generosity in  making  earrings for all the  women of the group.  We got to select a creation and wear it proudly.  I feature her beautiful smile and a close up of her artistry!  She merits two photos!

HAPPY FACEwas presented to Bill who entertained his passenger (Steve)  all day with antics on the trail.  I saw his Jeep on 3 wheels more than once during the day!  Bill  can be very aggressive (nuts?)  on the trail. But he has confidence.

GOOFY Jerry struggled to find anyone who  earned a Goofy award and no one had any  nominations today so he " almost" got to keep him.  However  John sheepishly raised his hand and said.  "I have a confession."  The rest was history!  Seems he was  opening his automatic awning ( for  the first time)  today and a design flaw in Winnebagos arrangement caused a little dent in his door and a little dent in the frame of his awning.  He was not facing the problem and Susan was standing in the way for him to have seen the problem when it came down.  What a good sport he is for confessing an issue and many of of us have had similar results with our first  rig experiences!  What a guy!

However he is leaving tomorrow  so Jerry retains the right to  reissue a Goofy award tomorrow.  Thank you for  joining us, John and Susan,  as newcomers to  RVForum Framily.

Attachments

• IMG_9673.JPG
    IMG_9673.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9672.JPG
    IMG_9672.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9671.JPG
    IMG_9671.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9670.JPG
    IMG_9670.JPG