MOAB 2014 RV FORUM RALLY, MAY 11-17, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kim & Christi:
  Ditto what Mike said!

Love you guys,

Steve & Dee

P.S. If you didn't want to come to dinner, this is a bit extreme  ;)

Susan and I made it home safely, Susan immediately ran off to the office, so I get to unload and clean the coach  :-X. Both of us are so grateful for all of your hospitality and friendships.

We are both taking home memories, one of Henry getting a little too close to the edge of a cliff with a several hundred foot drop, Steve having those kids eyes when he was driving the Jeep on Bull Canyon Trail, Sheila coming to greet us minutes after our arrival, Betty making sure that we were welcome at Happy Hour...I can go on and on. We had a GREAT time and we are looking forward to next years Rally...wherever it may be.

Or thoughts and prayers go out to Kim and Christi.

God bless America
I am sorry for my absence during happy hour. My tummy just can't match american food. Boy you guys can eat. Big admiration for that. Single portions in restaurants can feed family of 4. And all this delicious cream to improve taste.. All the fried specialties. And when you order salad, the dressing on its own has 500 calories and comes in small jars the size of a yogurt. After when you are brave enough to order desert, One pound of brownies covered with ice-cream will finish you off for sure..  Biggest surprise on the end is the bill. Bill is about 1/3 of cost than what we would pay for 1/3 of that amount in Australia.
I have decided to order child portions in the future, but don't know how the waiter will react to this.

Jan, order off the senior menu, smaller portions and frequently healthier food. Also, ask wait staff for a "doggy bag" and take half the meal home with you for lunch the next day. You don't have to eat everything in one sitting :)

Wendy

Wendy said:
Jan, order off the senior menu, smaller portions and frequently healthier food. Also, ask wait staff for a "doggy bag" and take half the meal home with you for lunch the next day. You don't have to eat everything in one sitting :)

Wendy
Easy to say, but the food is so good. Hard to stop eating.

Jan,

Even us natives can have problems with the food.  In my case there is always too much.  That didn't used to be the case but I got religion in January and am now on a diet and getting my weight under control along with some of the things I no longer eat.  Good ones too!    :(

Oscar Mike said:
Susan and I made it home safely, Susan immediately ran off to the office, so I get to unload and clean the coach  :-X. Both of us are so grateful for all of your hospitality and friendships.

We are both taking home memories, one of Henry getting a little too close to the edge of a cliff with a several hundred foot drop, Steve having those kids eyes when he was driving the Jeep on Bull Canyon Trail, Sheila coming to greet us minutes after our arrival, Betty making sure that we were welcome at Happy Hour...I can go on and on. We had a GREAT time and we are looking forward to next years Rally...wherever it may be.

Or thoughts and prayers go out to Kim and Christi.

John, glad to hear you and Susan made it home safely and enjoyed yourselves.  It was great to meet both of you and hope to meet up with you guys again on the road.

Mike.

The final group dinner was held tonight at the Portal  Pavilion.  Doug provided a wonderful chicken dinner for our group as a thank you for our stay. The  evening was beautiful and we got to  sit with new friends,  long time friends and chit chat as we devoured the food and delicious desserts.  Carrot cake by Tara was my favorite! Runner up being  devilish chocolate fudge cake,  chocolate chip cookies, peach pie and cinnamon apple cookies all of which I sampled!  What fun.

Prior to dinner group reports were made on the  days events.  Chet reported on the Jet boat trip  he took today down the Colorado to  confluence of Green.  He saw lots and wants to come  back in fall to do it again! The group Hiking the Park Avenue one mile trail took 2 hours .  Saw lots of desert wildflowers. A Jeep group went out and Henry was very quiet because he was on the wrong radio  channel 1/2 of the day. Rally on the Rocks convention is being held this week and hundreds of razors are all over the trails. Larry saw a lot of ASK  Me Nots today.  He did not  know answers to the type of flowers.

Ken and Sheila took  Betty and Terry on a unique filed trip in Moab to the dump. We disposed of a used broken microwave.  How many of you have ever been to the dump in  Moab?

Attachments

• IMG_9729.JPG
    IMG_9729.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9731.JPG
    IMG_9731.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 50
The Final Awards

Care Bear was presented to Terry Brewer for always being on call to fix ones RV, toilet, computer, GPS tracks or any other task asked of him.

Betty  "won" Goofy for  sharing Terry's Camel  water pack while out on the trail today. It looked like she was being nursed by Terry.  Ya hadda be there!

Chris  gave a  very lovely speech  on his selection process to award Happy Face.  Mimmi asked him all day long who he was going to give the ward to, after telling of their  disappointment  in having to cancel Moab last year, Chris presented his lovely wife  Mimi with the Happy Face Award.

Attachments

• IMG_9745.JPG
    IMG_9745.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9742.JPG
    IMG_9742.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9741.JPG
    IMG_9741.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 31
The most special Award of this rally was given to our  2 most senior Rally Members.  Chris and Mimi Pennings are our National Treasures. They have indicated they may not be returning to Moab and will be limiting their RV Travels so we honored them tonight as King and Queen of Our RVForum Framily Moab Rally.

Crowns were presented to them decorated with Jewels like they are. We also  gave them an activity book in case they run out of things to do.  This Dinosaur Activity Book was signed page by page by  members of our group with well wishes. They will reign in our hearts forever! 

Attachments

• IMG_3812.JPG
    IMG_3812.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9738.JPG
    IMG_9738.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 39
The Pennings truly are special people and well deserving of their crowns Betty.

Great pictures of Chris and Mimi Betty. 

Chris and Mimi truly are inspiration to many of us.  I hope I can travel and enjoy RVing as long as they have with my lovely wife as well.  Chris' award to Mimi made me realize just how fortunate we really are to enjoy this wonderful lifestyle and our extended "Framily".

Mike.

Next to the photos of King Chris and Queen Mimy, the two of Terry and Ken have to be the best ones taken at this rally.  And you're right Betty, none of us have ever visited the Moab dump to my knowledge.  Kuch's old microwave appears to be in good company among old water heaters and washers.  Maybe it will be salvaged!

ArdraF

Chris and Mimi we hope you change your mind and make next year your last year, and next, and next,....

It was great seeing you both.

Steve having fun driving and four-wheeling for the first time....

Attachments

• Moab 2014 022.JPG
    Moab 2014 022.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 39
John, that is a great picture of Steve and he had that cheesy grin plastered on all afternoon.

Mike.

Today was the last  official day of this RVForum Moab Rally .  A good time was had by all.  Happy hour was delayed by the late  arrivals the 10 Vehicles  who jeeped on out to Chicken Corner today.  It was a long hot day  and  delayed  when Chris P got a flat tire.  It took lotsa  guys to change it.  Henry was very helpful  and tried to fill  the tire with air but he did not have the hose hooked up.  He said the other guys disabled it!

The views were incredible, the flowers  prolific and company outstanding.  Henry let Jan drive his Jeep.  Steve drove their new Edge all wheel drive vehicle.  He was given careful  guidance up over and around obstacles. Only one little scratch for a day of fun!
Others hiked or rested today. Lots of folks had their  car washed today. It is always bittersweet as folks drive off in different directions for their next adventure. We said our good byes and see ya soons!  Then Toby ( Chris and Mimi's Cat) got out.  What a bad day for  Chris P.  Finally captured the cat and went to dinner where NO BEER was served!  What a rally! What fun! What adventures! What's next?

It was a good rally with a lot of laughs.  I think we all agreed the flowers were the best we've ever seen here.  See you all down the road somewhere.  Safe travels to everyone!

ArdraF

Thanks everyone for another great rally.  It was absolutely fantastic to see all of our friends again as well as meeting new ones.  It is sad as we depart the rally, however, we anxiously look forward to the next time we get together.

Thanks to everyone for the great memories and we wish everyone very safe and happy travels wherever the road takes you.

Mike, Chrystal and Jared.

Australian connection have great time this year. First hop and Skip Zion and Bryce and after week in Moab.
It was so nice to see all the american friends again. We have been spoiled by y'all and we can't wait to see you guys again next year when Texas rally will be organized by Larry, Loretta, Henry and Margaret. Monkey heard that there are biggest bananas in Texas.
It is unbelievable that we gain so many friendship trough internet forum. Thank you all for adopting us to your group and for your kindness.
Also Thank you Henry for letting me show you how Margaret rubicon should be driven.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom