MOAB 2014 RV FORUM RALLY, MAY 11-17, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish it was me Henry. I would be famous now. :p  Driving your Rubicon was really highlight of my Moab experience.

Jan if you decide you would look good in a Rubicon we all know a few guys who will be glad to store it for you.

OK then Jeff. :) Working on it now.
By the way me and Larry will be horseriding in Texas. No 4wd necessary.

Jan Stiskala said:
OK then Jeff. :) Working on it now.
By the way me and Larry will be horseriding in Texas. No 4wd necessary.

A few years ago a good friend of mine invited me to his ranch to go horseback riding...I determined that day, unless it comes equipped with an on/off switch, they are not meant to be rode ridden.

Oscar Mike said:
A few years ago a good friend of mine invited me to his ranch to go horseback riding...I determined that day, unless it comes equipped with an on/off switch, they are not meant to be rode ridden.

I grew up on a farm and we had 70+ dairy cows and several horses.  I enjoyed them at the time, however, as I grew up I realized I can turn my horses off now and don't need to feed or water them until I want to use them again. 8)

Mike.

Like Mike, I too grew up with horses and enjoyed them growing up. As I grew older I lost all interest.

Becks said:
Like Mike, I too grew up with horses and enjoyed them growing up. As I grew older I lost all interest.

Funny story, when I was in high school I worked on a few motorcycles for some of my friends and decided I wanted one to ride on the street.  My dad said, ABSOLUTELY NOT.  You will not have one of those dangerous things at this residence.  He forgot that the worse I ever got injured was being thrown from a horse riding bareback.  I was in a rodeo club in high school, flirted with the idea of steer wrestling but never pursued it.  Ya'll know the reasoning, picking up girls.  That should've been a no brainer.  (Notice I said, "ya'll, trying to get my Texas lingo down for next spring).  Luckily I met my wonderful wife AFTER I got out of my rodeo phase as she definitely would have gone the other way. 

As soon as I got married and moved out of the house and age 20 I have had motorcycles ever since.  My dad still never approved but didn't say too much about it and I didn't bring it up much, also tried not to ride it over to their house when visiting.

Ahh, the things you remember about growing up huh?

Mike.

Mike, you and Crystal remain  my heroes.  You are such role models for all of  life decisions in  this generation. Gush , gush......

Mike, that's one more thing we share. I have had motorcycles all my life, having only recently stopped riding. We made the very hard decision to stop motorcycling only because my wife has MD and it became hard for her to get on and off the bike. That is why we bought the jeep to take up 4-wheeling. Hoping to get some pointers from you in that regard, as Moab will be our first time out with the jeep.

Becks, you'll have so much help it will make your head spin!  ;)

ArdraF

That sounds great, as I will have many questions for the experts, and hope to learn a lot.

Betty Brewer said:
Mike, you and Crystal remain  my heroes.  You are such role models for all of  life decisions in  this generation. Gush , gush......

Betty, I appreciate the comment, however you may give us more credit that we deserve.  We are merely a normal family that works and plays together.  Chrystal and I have had a motto from our earliest years of marriage that we wanted to instill in our family, "the family that plays together, stays together."

Mike.

Becks said:
Mike, that's one more thing we share. I have had motorcycles all my life, having only recently stopped riding. We made the very hard decision to stop motorcycling only because my wife has MD and it became hard for her to get on and off the bike. That is why we bought the jeep to take up 4-wheeling. Hoping to get some pointers from you in that regard, as Moab will be our first time out with the jeep.

Gary, you will really enjoy the off-roading in Moab.  I am sure there will not be a shortage of assistance to answer any questions and help in any way needed.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
I grew up on a farm and we had 70+ dairy cows and several horses.  I enjoyed them at the time, however, as I grew up I realized I can turn my horses off now and don't need to feed or water them until I want to use them again. 8)

Mike.

My siblings and I are the first generation off the farm, my folks on both my mother and father's side were farmers in Arkansas and Oklahoma (Father) and Iowa on my mother's side. And although I worked a couple of summers while I was growing up on a sheep ranch or picking grapes I am "City Folk" through and through. And as I age I become more and more entrenched in my urban-ness. Even camping has taken on a new definition, "roughing it" these days is being out of "shmear" for my morning toasted bagel.

I agree John.  My wife and I do NOT rough it any more.  Our idea of "roughing it" is if we don't have shore power and have to fire the genset.  That is as roughing it as we get these days.

Mike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom