MOAB Pre-Rally 2014, Zion and Bryce (Hop-Skip)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Sheila and I have the following reservations and hope that a few of our RV Forum friends can join us ? that includes friends we haven?t met yet!

Zion River Resort Arr. 5/2 ? Lv. 5/7
www.zionriverresort.com
888-822-8594

$25.00 deposit, $20 of that is refundable if you cancel 7 days before
The Park is about 14 miles west of the entrance to Zion National Park
The Forum group stayed here twice as the first stop on Hop-Skip-Jump
Elevation: 3502

Ruby?s Inn Campground  Arr. 5/7 ? Lv. 5/11 (depart for Moab, see separate topic) http://www.brycecanyoncampgrounds.com/bryce-canyon-campground.html
866-878-9373
For more about Ruby?s Inn: http://www.rubysinn.com/
Ruby?s has a 48 hour cancellation policy, but I would encourage that cancellations be made as soon as possible.

Elevation: 8267

For both parks mention the RV Forum, they are trying to park us together. For Zion we will be in the pull thrus and at Ruby?s we will be in pull thrus in the new section (note: this section did not exist on our last visit). If mentioning the RV Forum doesn?t work for some reason, just ask to be parked near Ken&Sheila Kuch.

The two years we did Hop-Skip-Jump we did Zion and Bryce in the same frame as set for next year. Both years Zion temps were nice, but one year Bryce was on the cooler side because of the elevation. But that said we all had a good at both.

If you make reservations please post them here in this topic so I can keep a list.

Ken & Sheila

Jerry and Ardra have signed up for both Zion and Bryce.  Arrive at Zion May 1 and depart May 7, arrive Bryce May 7 and depart May 11, arrive Moab May 11 and depart May 18.

ArdraF

Phil and Doris have a reservation at Ruby's Inn.

No Sarge, the dates are May. We have done these dates twice in the past as part of the Hop-Skip-Jump rallys.

For those who may be reading this topic, there seems to be a group of us that either have the week after Moab off, or are traveling in a different direction, or are concerned about the weather.  We are contemplating doing a similar hop-skip in reverse (call it a skip-hop?) going to Bryce and Zion the week after the Moab rally.  If there are people interested, I will start a topic on doing the week after the Moab rally, May 18-25, 2014 @ Bryce and Zion, as I don't want to hijack this thread.  I would want people to realize that the end of that week after, May 24th and 25th, is Memorial day weekend, in case that would influence anyone's decision.  It woulkd also mean we would have to make our Zion reservations early in order to secure sites on a holiday weekend.  If you are interested, watch for a new separate thread.

Steve and Dee

Steve and Dee,

I would suggest starting a separate topic for a Post-Moab rally. You can do this now or wait until the beginning of 2014. If you post now, don't be concerned if there is not a lot of responses. Many people won't really start looking at next spring until after the holidays. If you post now, be sure to make your topic is active in January (add your own follow-up postings) so people will pay attention to it. You can't wait too long or getting reservations could be more difficult. From what I heard I think you'll get a good group - don't worry about the size of the group. I don't care if the Pre-Moab only has a few coaches, we'll have fun!

ken

Thanks for the tips Ken.  I've never attempted to organize anything like this before.  I haven't even had time to make my own reservations yet.  I assume I should call, rather than trying to do it online, to try to set up something where they will put us close together?  I also don't know if I should mention the RV Forum like you guys did, as I don't want to create confusion with the park.  There being a "pre-Moab rally" and now a "post Moab rally"?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Don't mention any rally group! You don't want to get into the "can't cancel a reservation" fiasco. Make all of your reservations independant of one another.

Sarge,

Cancellation requirements are stated. At Ruby's and Zion being in the group doesn't matter.
At Portal we get a lot of extra's from Doug - use of the Pavillion daily and a dinner and concert. He has never charged for a cancellation to this point. The key is be polite and cancel early so he has a chance to fill the spot. Most of the time a fellow forum member takes the spot - Doug does appreciate this. If you have a problem with Doug's policies, then don't go to Moab.

Please don't post mis-information about this rally, I've already posted the cancellation policies. I want people to mention the rally so we will be parked together at Zion and Bryce.

Ken

Steve,

I would call the parks and explain that while you are part of the RV Forum, you are organizing a latter rally. See if they think people should mention the RV Forum with the dates - or will this get confusing. In that case just make it "Steve's Rally". Actually some parks in the past have insisted on using a person's name.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun.
btw, we'll be happy to give you our notes as to what our group did during the Pre-rally.

ken

We just signed up and got our confirmations for Zion and Bryce.  Looking forward to meeting y'all out there.

Welcome Dave & Nancy. We look forward to meeting you.

Rally List

Jerry & Ardra
Kim & Christi
Ken & Sheila
Phil & Doris (Bryce only, at the Inn)
Dave & Nancy

ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member