MOAB Pre-Rally 2014, Zion and Bryce (Hop-Skip)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have arrived at Shady Acres.

Nice easy drive. Fueled at Pilot - 401.9 with the Pilot card/GS Lifetime discount. Conoco is 401.9 credit price.

ken

We arrived in Cortez, Co and are staying at the Sundance RV Park based on some recommendations from some of y'all. Thanks.

Have y'all thought about Zion - Page - Moab next year ?? There's stuff to do around Page including hiking the Wave, dam tours, boating. And it's a bit warmer than Bryce. Just a thought.

Wendy

We're in Beaver, UT for the night, it looks like we might get stalled here tomorrow, as I watch the weather right now it ain't looking good, we'll have to call Portal in the morning if we're snowed in. Who'd of thunk.

Last Supper pics...

Attachments

• Last Supper 2014.JPG
    Last Supper 2014.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Last Supper 2014-001.JPG
    Last Supper 2014-001.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Last Supper 2014-002.JPG
    Last Supper 2014-002.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Last Supper 2014-003.JPG
    Last Supper 2014-003.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Last Supper 2014-004.JPG
    Last Supper 2014-004.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Last Supper 2014-005.JPG
    Last Supper 2014-005.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 26
Hfx_Cdn said:
    So, are you intending to change the Rally name to Hop, Skip and Shovel?

No but maybe "Hop, Skip and Scurry" as we all hightailed out of snows way today.  Well all except Dean and Linda and they are big time gamblers who always win,  so bet there  won't be snow on them in morning either! (Hoping!)

Gotta love the flexibility of the RV lifestyle to  change plans so quickly!

If the Stocks are gambling on No Snow in Bryce tonight, I have a feeling they're gonna lose this time.

Okay, we scurried too.  Ray said he didn't want to chain up the motor home.  He did it in the garage once, just to prove he could do it and says that was enough.  We want to tell everyone we missed saying goodbye to this morning that we had a great time hopping and skipping.  Our time together is never long enough.  We aren't going on to Moab so have a great time there for us.  We are presently north of Salt Lake City for the night heading for home (Seattle area).  Anybody in the Seattle area this summer give us a holler!

Question for those who traveled this way.  We are leaving L.A. in about 6 hours.  Going to travel to Mesquite, NV by tonight.  Then leave about 6am tomorrow to head to Moab, I-15 to I-70.  Do you think we will hit snow on this route?  I certainly wasn't planning on it  :eek:

Steve

Steve N Dee said:
Question for those who traveled this way.  We are leaving L.A. in about 6 hours.  Going to travel to Mesquite, NV by tonight.  Then leave about 6am tomorrow to head to Moab, I-15 to I-70.  Do you think we will hit snow on this route?  I certainly wasn't planning on it  :eek:
Steve

My son in Las Vegas tells me that this morning they are experiencing high winds, we are at this moment (10:10AM, 5/11/14) having near white out conditions in Beaver, UT. We had to call Portal to postpone our arrival until Monday, maybe Tuesday. Looking out the window of my RV at near blizzard conditions...

Steve,

At the higher elevation Utah 511 is reporting snow on I-70 as of 10AM today. But tomorrow looks good. Interestly the same source show I-15 near beaver to be dry, but john is there and reporting something very different!

511.commuterlink.utah.gov/tats.web.report/

Steve, there is a pass you have to go over between I-15 and Richfield.  We want that clear when we go over it.  Also, when you go over the San Rafael Swell on I-70 (that's the 90-mile stretch with no services between Richfield and Green River) the elevations are in the 6,000-ft range so if snow is above 6,000 feet you'll be okay.  We had never paid attention to the Swell's elevations until yesterday when it looked so threatening on our way to Green River.  We thought that area was lower.  Love that GPS!

When we came down the last hill into Moab we had slush on the windshield but it's dry now.

ArdraF

Thanks everyone.  We are leaving L.A. in about an hour.  The winds are supposed to die down at 2:00pm, so we are counting on that.  We hope to be just behind the weather all the way there.  But it sound like we will have to assess as we go.

Thanks,

Steve

Since leaving the group this morning at Green River we are huddling over in Glenwood Springs CO in rainy 37 degree temps.

We had a great time and hope everyone gets better and has a good summer.

Back
Top Bottom