MOAB Pre-Rally 2014, Zion and Bryce (Hop-Skip)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If any of you are planning on taking Hwy 491 (previously 666) from Shiprock to Monticello Utah, be advised that the road from Shiprock to Cortez is in really bad shape, full of lots of nasty dippy-doos. You'll probably notice the black brake streaks on many of the dips. It's driveable but when you hit that first bump, slow down because they just keep going on and on. Felt like our toad was going to come unhitched when we hit the first one !

Well, after planning all winter to take a 4,500 mile detour in our SUV on our way home by going via Bryce and Zion, we have pretty well decided not this year.  While we wouldn't have had the coach, we would have seen you all and stayed at local motels.  With the bad winter up north, we have had a steady stream of company, and a month here of R & R with glorious weather is sorely needed, so enjoy yourselves, and maybe next year.

Ed

THE-BigLarry said:
I have formally today cancelled my reservations for the "Hop and Skip".
I am subpoenaed to testify in a court case that is on the docket for May 5.
They have no idea what kind of a 'hostile witness' I am going to be. . .LOL

When I cancelled, both Zion and Bryce RV parks said they had plenty of room.
If things change, we will reinstate our reservation and boogie, boogie, boggidy
toward Utah.

Our Portal Reservation REMAINS IN PLACE.  We WILL see you in MOAB ! ! !  !

We may go Skip and Hop after Moab.  I understand there may be others who
follow this same path.  We may tag along, because we want to see both parks
as well as some friends in St. George UT.

L&L

Larry, sorry to hear that you won't be able to attend Zion/Bryce.  However, glad to hear you WILL still be able to go to Moab.  It would be a shame to not get that new Jeep off road in Moab. 8)

See everyone in Moab and safe travels everyone.

Mike.

We had a few cancellation so I thought I should update the list:

Jerry & Ardra
Kim & Christi
Ken & Sheila
Dave & Nancy
Terry & Betty
Jeff & Sue
Ray & Liza
Don & Mary Ann
Henry & Margaret
Jan & Olga (and Monkey)
Dean & Linda
Chris and Mimi

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
We had a few cancellation so I thought I should update the list:

Jerry & Ardra
Kim & Christi
Ken & Sheila
Dave & Nancy
Terry & Betty
Jeff & Sue
Ray & Liza
Don & Mary Ann
Henry & Margaret
Jan & Olga (and Monkey)
Dean & Linda
Chris and Mimi

ken

Don't forget John and Susan (?) Never mind, you were talking PRE-RALLY...

John,
This morning you almost had me searching for a missed message, but then I remembered you were leaving Las Vegas on the 10th.

See you at Moab.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
John,
This morning you almost had me searching for a missed message, but then I remembered you were leaving Las Vegas on the 10th.

See you at Moab.

ken

I guess I am just so jazzed up about finally getting to Moab...sorry.

Mary Ann is calling to cancel our reservations for Zion today. 

We are stuck in San Antonio, thankfully with Ned and Lorna, while we await delivery and installation of a new refrigerator.  Our 7 year old Notcold bit the dust and we're going to a residential model.  The big problem is delivery time for the new frig and an appointment for installation.

Delivery is scheduled for Tuesday with installation Wednesday (or Wednesday and Thursday), then we will boogie west.

We are planning to catch up with you all at Bryce.

Don and Mary Ann

Just noticed that some how "Norcold" morphed into " Notcold".  How appropriate!

Well, I just got grounded for medical reasons for the weekend, so we are going to have to hustle later in the week. The universe may be protecting us from crossing the dry line in Oklahoma tomorrow and we will hopefully skip out on the some nasty weather.

See you guys downstream!

Kim

p.s. The universe brought you a residential refer, so we ARE being taken care of.

That'll teach you to go to the doctor ! Looks to me like you're going to be smack dab in the middle of the nasty red weather zone !

@Wendy -- right on about a good place to be stuck!  Ned and Lorna are the best hosts!

@Kim -- Sorry to hear that you are grounded.  Get well soon! Also, that's the last time I want hear about 28 mpg!

See ya !

We really enjoy the company.  Mary Ann has the best cheeses :D

Margaret and I are in Holbrook Az. Tonight. We came through Gallup where it was snowing. We drove over 50 miles in the snow. The wind was strong all day and anything that could happen, did happen. On my trip from Red Bay, Al. to here in Holbrook we had lost a hub covering in Memphis, almost involved with a rolled over truck and trailer out of Little Rock. In Okla on the Texas border we went through a hail storm and damaged the hood on my jeep. To top it all off our whole slide assembly blew off the RV doing 65 mph. Tiffin had just removed it while replacing my slide floor. I am only 350 from Zion and hope to see everyone there. I guess I will quit crying on everyone shoulder now.

We are leaving Granbury Tuesday to head out that way.  Hopefully, the winds won't be so bad by then and the snow will have stopped in Gallup.  @Kim, looks like today is going to be your severe weather day.  Hope y'all stay safe.  Will see you in Gallup, Page, or Zion.  Be safe.

2" of heavy wet snow in SW Colorado last night. Good news is it's melting off quickly in this morning's sunshine. Bad news is there's more predicted for Thursday.

Guess its time to stop complaining about a little dust and temps down to 70 here in Surprise.

Jeff said:
Guess its time to stop complaining about a little dust and temps down to 70 here in Surprise.

It's not the dust that's the problem - it's all the crap off the trees! The patio is a mess so SJ is out sweeping.
Getting ready to leave so I also sweep off the slide toppers and have just about finished my "pre-flight" checks. Most of the bays are loaded, but I have a few more things to add - need more ballast  ;D ;D

ken

We got a layer of dust covering everything and half the greenery off the landscaping with the high winds the last two days. We vacuumed, dusted, and mopped for a couple of hours last night...today it is the Winnebago but she was buttoned by tight, so hopefully it's not to bad. It looks like this week will be an upward trend to the 100 degree mark by the weekend...ugh.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom