MOAB Pre-Rally 2014, Zion and Bryce (Hop-Skip)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ken & Sheila said:
It's not the dust that's the problem - it's all the crap off the trees!

You should see our pool!  Looks like a wedding with  yellow flowers covering the top.  I'm also on the final checklist.  Brought in all yard art and moved my potted plants to back yard. Will wash final load of motorhome rugs today. It's fun to get ready for a trip! ( I keep telling myself)

Betty Brewer said:
You should see our pool!  Looks like a wedding with  yellow flowers covering the top.  I'm also on the final checklist.  Brought in all yard art and moved my potted plants to back yard. Will wash final load of motorhome rugs today. It's fun to get ready for a trip! ( I keep telling myself)

remember, It's FUN, It's FUN It's FUN!

see you soon.

All that stuff that is in your pool has found its way into my lungs and I am temporarily grounded by the doctor. We are having to shorten a seven day ride into three and then cope with the weather gods. We're just glad Henry is cutting the trail...

Christi wanted to drive a lot more this trip - here's her big chance!

See everyone Friday!

Safe travels to all framily members getting ready to hit the road.  Wish we were going to be there for the hop-skip, but us working stiffs will have settle for a great week in Moab.  Good health and travel safe.

Steve & Dee

Steve N Dee said:
Safe travels to all framily members getting ready to hit the road.  Wish we were going to be there for the hop-skip, but us working stiffs will have settle for a great week in Moab.  Good health and travel safe.

Steve & Dee

Steve & Dee,

Been there! We watched for years! After I quit consulting and got a 'real" job again in 2001 we didn't even make it to Moab for the week until 2005. It's fun being semi-retired now. I still consult, but only on my  terms.

See you in Moab.

ken

Gee Ken, I wish I had a slide topper to clean off! Mine somewhere on the side of the road on I-40.

Henry,

I had one ripped to shreds 3 years ago in southern Kansas. 50mph cross winds. Even after adding a lot of tension I still have the front ones partially unroll and flap in 40 mph cross winds. Carefree has no answer.

ken

Sitting here in the comfort of our place in St Petes watching all the severe weather hitting the central US.  They were showing several motohomes caught up in the tornadoes, so all of you rushing to get west, please respect the storm warnings and KEEP SAFE!!
    It makes our decision to not head west at this time of the year even more right for us this year.  Yet we are sorry that we won't be gathering with you all, even if it would have been a brief stop for us.
    As for an unfurling slide topper, after we headed north from Moab,through Montana two years ago, we got hit with 50 MPH cross winds.  The first time it unfurled I had no idea what was happening, and I stopped looked at the tires thinking we had suffered a blow out.  Tires were ok, and the topper had actually moved back into position.  Shortly after heading back out, it started again, but this time I was able to see it in the mirror.  A trip onto the roof, some duct tape to secure the rollers and topper from moving, and we were ok until we set up in Alberta.  Noi damage other than it sure took a long time to feel comfortable that it wouldn't unfurl again.

Ed

Ned said:
We really enjoy the company.  Mary Ann has the best cheeses :D

Please explain? I Know that Mary Ann has Lot of exceptional qualities like great Husband. But Cheeses?

The Lorna and Ned Forum Friendly Campground has a daily get together around 5 PM.  It's Bring Your Own Drinks and everyone brings snacks.

Ned likes cheeses so Mary Ann brings a good cheese for him each day.

Come to think of it, she's treating Ned like she used to treat me!

Oh my! Looks like you have competition, Jan!

Welcome to the RV Forum, Olga. Are you here to keep an eye on Jan and make sure he behaves ?

Cheese:  Bleu, Brie, etc.  All delicious, and no plastic cheese allowed :)  Don's not too bad either, he leveled our washer today while we were at the library.

Understand now. And Mary Ann.....I like white Savignon and blue cheese darling. Just in case you need to expand your generosity.

Arrived in Page, Az just after noon. We will spend the next 3 nights here then on to Zion. Getting a little excited.

Thank you, Wendy.  You know how it is.  You can't teach an old dog new tricks. So I am here just to have fun, not to keep an eye on Jan. :)

We are in Vegas Henry. Staying here for next 3 days seeing Brewers, Ken and Sheila after tomorrow and after that we will join you guys in Zion.

Arrived about noon in Zion," where the he€€ is everyone. Happy hour has already started. 15% discount when you mention RV Forum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom