No pressure at water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4DogsRV

We went out for a shake down trip in our MH last weekend. We had a full hookup, but decided to test out all systems without all that while we were there. We were a bit concerned to discover that the water pump delivered absolutely no pressure. I primed the system as per the manual, opening all the faucets etc..... but no water was issuing out of the kitchen or bathroom faucest (shower) and the exterior showers were just "spitting".

The pump was running normally, not cavitating at all, but there was no pressure. The strainer is clean, the hot water tank full (we tried all that out while we were still fully hooked up), and I cannot find the reason why there was no evident pressure. Any suggestions?

I have sometimes had an airlock at the pump, and got the water flowing by opening the low point drain for 10-20 seconds. Mine is right under the pump, so easy to do.

If your is "spitting" it may have a leak between the tank and the pump and the pump may be sucking air instead of water.

It the water tank "FULL"?

I believe I have found the solution........ the system was drawing air. I will rectify that later today and that should solve the issue.

Edit by John:  fixed formatting

4DogsRV, how did you determine the system was drawing air, and what did you do to correct it? Having an issue that seems identical. When I'm hooked up to city water pressure, I'm okay, but when I try to run on the pump using water in the tank, I get burping and gurgling (I can hear the pump running) but no water...
Thanks.

If you checked the feed line to the pump and it is not split, it may well be that the diaphragm inside the pump has split and won't pressurize.  If so, the pump manufacture may have replacement repair kits. 

Back
Top Bottom