replacing an elixir 30 converter to a progressive 9200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ziptie

need a little help ,,,please!!!  I have a 2000 northstar tk camper and i am replacing the the elixir 30 converter with a progressive 9200 60 with charge wizard  ,,,I wont to use the breakers and dc fuse panel but have no digrams for help,,any ideas or has someone done this on an elixir converter before

ziptie said:
need a little help ,,,please!!!  I have a 2000 northstar tk camper and i am replacing the the elixir 30 converter with a progressive 9200 60 with charge wizard  ,,,I wont to use the breakers and dc fuse panel but have no digrams for help,,any ideas or has someone done this on an elixir converter before
Can you post a pic of your converter (front panel opened)? I think I'm famiar with it but I want to be sure that it is the one that I think it is before I post pics and instructions.

Just out of curiosity...... why are you going with a 60A converter on a truck camper? Seems like a bit of over-kill.... :eek:

Basically, it's pretty simple. The Progessive Dynamics Converter comes with a 110V power cord (not shown in pic) and it has terminals for the 12V connection. The PD converter can be mounted virtually anywhere. Just disconnect the 12V (converter) portion of your current converter and run a pos/neg wire from there to the PD converter.

Here are pics of 2 different installations that I did on an older Magnetek converter using a PD converter. The 3rd pic is one I mounted outside the camper (Pop-up camper). Basically, this set-up uses the converter as a battery charger. When hooked up to shore power, the converter keeps the batteries charged and the campers 12 system runs off of the batteries as normal. The pic shows the converter connected to an inverter but the inverter really has nothing to do with it (it was just a handy place to attach because the battery cables ran to the inverter).. The wire could just as easily be run directly to the battery.

Attachments

• ConverterInstall 001a.jpg
    ConverterInstall 001a.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 32
  • ConverterInstall 011.jpg
    ConverterInstall 011.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 27
  • ConverterInstall 014.jpg
    ConverterInstall 014.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 24
thanks  for the handy info,,,tomorrow i change it out    , to answer the question about 60 amps    i now have dc happy jacks and 2 deep cycle batters,,,you been a  big help  i will send pics tomorrow    from almost retired  gm dealer

Got it done today.  Renovation on truck camper  is slow going  Just no time.  Pics tomorrow.  thanks again

ziptie said:
    from almost retired  gm dealer
Gee.... you'd only be the 2nd GM Dealer that I ever heard of that could turn a wrench (My Dad being the 1st). He sent me to GMI from '69-'73 (Dealers son program). It was great. Those were hard times and dad had to close the dealership in '76..... I got hired on by GM as a Service Rep but ended up taking a job as Service Manager in a large Chevy dealership a few years later (it paid way better). I've gotta be honest though.... I don't miss the car business.... :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom