2 Week Countdown - Look out Midwest...South is headin ur way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RV Lyfe

Well,

It is officially the 2 week countdown until our big trip.  We are very much looking forward to it.  I think all of the preliminary work has been completed.  Motorhome has been inspected (and reinspected) and anything recommended to be changed has been.  Coach-Net is bought and paid for.  Just got this great collapsable 1 sided ladder, propane is filled up.  Well, actually...I need to fill up propane.  We just finished running shore power hookups to where we park the rig at my parents house so we will be able to turn everything on a few days early just to test it.

For those who dont know we will be heading to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons from East Knoxville via the north western route going up threw Chicago to Rapid City, over to Yellowstone.  Looking forward to it.  We just got the Canon SX50 50x zoom camera so we plan on taking great pictures. 

We could not fix the damage to the RV in time so we will be rollin cross country with a missing door.  Our dealership was nice enough to reattach the rear bumper for me though so I did not have to drive with it off.

I think we have thought of most things.  Help me with my list if you would.

Here is what I have:

Super Zoom camera
Point-n-shoot camera
sticker map to show what states we have gone too
bug tent
pack-n-play for little one (and everything else that goes with that side of it)
carrier sling for little one for hikes
Roadside Assistance Package (Coach-Net)
Guidebook from Yellowstone with driving CD (recommended from here)
Reservations at all the larger parks we will be staying in more then an overnight

OK....so what else?

This is what I know I need to get:

Binoculars (what kind though)
Hiking equipment.  (This one is tough.  We will be doing easy to moderate trails.  Wonder what to get?
- Bear spray?  Types of boots you guys use?  Hike with backpacks?
Other must haves on the RV

Im sure Im missing something. 

>>Hiking equipment.  (This one is tough.  We will be doing easy to moderate trails.  Wonder what to get?
- Bear spray?  Types of boots you guys use?  Hike with backpacks?<<

For moderate hiking good sturdy "gym shoes" (walking) with "aggressive tread" for soles are good. The advantage to hiking boots is to protect the ankle (from twists/sprains)
Carry bear spray
Backpack? depends on the length of the hike. Do you want to carry lunch? Either way you need to carry water.

ken

I do not think we will get on many trails that will be over moderate.  While we feel comfortable with the baby in the carrier, we want to really limit any chances of falling, or at least falling hard/far. 

I think a couple of trails are listed as moderate in Yellowstone but mostly because they have alot of stairs.  We may or may not do these. 

Good to know about the sneakers.  Costs are DEF adding up and we have not driven mile 1 yet.  If I can save by not getting hiking boots thats a start! 

Back
Top Bottom