2000 Leprechaun vs 2005 Majestic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beanieleja

We are shopping for the first Class C our family will own and have come up with 2 voices a 2000 leprechaun with 17,0000 miles for $18,000 or a 2005 Majestic with 97,000 miles that was an ex rental. Is it better to go younger and more miles or the older low mile route. Help!  All advice appreciated! 

Being an ex rental would concern me, possibly abused and not well maintained. Low miles indicates minimal use during its lifetime, and indicates possible (not guaranteed) problems from sitting too much. Besides the Class C, unless you have a special reason for that choice, you might consider a class A in the same size/year/price range -- it'll likely drive better and have more room and more storage.

All that being said, I'd really choose a rig based on condition, both chassis and "house" sections, with use of the purchasing checklist in our Library section (link above).

I would be leery of a high mileage rental. It will have been used hard, even if the company maintained it well in between.  But if it is still in good condition, it's worth considering.

There isn't much technology difference or anything like that between Class C's of those years. Newer has no major advantage from that perspective. The underlying vehicle will have been improved a bit in 2005 vs 2000, but that's about it. Maybe a bit more power and slightly better fuel economy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom