RV fire and the RV that just wanted some love PICS..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With your skills..... Swap to the 8.1l and throw a turbo or two on it..... Should be able to get 500hp plus that way :)

the 14 of this month i well have better internet  so i well add a lot more pics

thanks every one for being so friendly   

this is the 2ed place i have showed pics and talk about the RV    i was not happy with what ppl started to say over on irv2.com  so thank you again every one 

This has to be one of the most gifted man that I've seen in a loooooong time.
I admire his talent and capability to address all of the issues in this rebuild.
I thought that I was a pretty good 'hands-on' guy, but not so much now.

Keep on with the restore and continue to let us know how you are doing.

God Bless You

Terry,

I drove by this morning and WOW. I wish I hd half of yourskill. That will be one fine coach when you are done. I am amazed at the way you rasied the roof and fitted the front cap.

My hat is off to you my friend.
8)
Steve

captsteve

you can see how much i still have to do on the paint and more      wish i was there when you stop by would have showed you the GM350 down in it  a lot of ppl don't believe  that its really in there and the RV can move

thanks for being the first to say its real   

there are some ppl to say its not or Photoshop the pics 

and the part for the bumper was just made  .. have a lot of sanding to do on it but what did you think of the shape
as there is no part to fill the hole i had to hand make some thing  and i am not sure if it looks cool

and the funny looking wing on the back gets more parts      /// small window under the wing in the back//  and more    when  every thing is added  you cant tell its a wing tell you look at it from the back 

I think that when you are done the front peice will look like it belongs there. I does look pretty cool. I really like the way that you fitted the small windows in the side of the roof extension. I would think that if they can be opened it will allow for some nice ventilation and allow heat to escape from a normally dead air space.

Let me know if you you will be there at anytime over the weekend and I will try to swing by.

Steve

to the nice guy talking on saving cars  this is one of the salvage  titles i did here in FL  8 months of work and how i got to know the 8.1l

this was all so the 8.1 i was going to pull to put in the RV  at first  but timing got low

Attachments

• here_010.jpg
    here_010.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 254
  • here_009.jpg
    here_009.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 177
  • here_007.jpg
    here_007.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 163
  • here_008.jpg
    here_008.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 232
ok i know i well get some ppl in here going i know you are seen that befor going down i75 i275 i4 some thing like that LOL  :eek:

this is what i did for a living and where my skills came from

i have did this for a living all my life from just a small boy
it was sad when i had to stop and give it up ///cut it up and crash it all /// all most  some of my work is still out there

just really wish i could get my RV going and on the road  to have some thing to show for it
long life story  i am sure every one knows what i mane

Attachments

• 1_001.jpg
    1_001.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 1_002.jpg
    1_002.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 1_003.jpg
    1_003.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 1_004.jpg
    1_004.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 1_005.jpg
    1_005.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 146
  • 1_006.jpg
    1_006.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 1_009.jpg
    1_009.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 1_008.jpg
    1_008.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 181
i have tryed to look this up  and i dont want to make  a new post so i hope some one may have this info too

as a lot of you guys know i am installing a 8.1/allison in to my RV
i am trying to copy the 2006 Workhorse ufo Chassis 81L

i am looking for the part numbers for the
ECM
TCM there are 5 def types of this tcm so this one would help alot
TAC module i think i know what one but making sure
so if any one has a 06 and can look at theres it would help alot

i all so have ..if any one needs.. the 2006 Workhorse ufo Chassis 81L wiring schematic PDF

i am making this wiring harness from the ground up
...wish some one had one setting around LOL ....

all so need a VIN for programing so when one shows on ebay i can get that

thanks to every ones help

ok moving the Rv to a friends house now  going to do alot of work this month  hope the drive gos ok 50 miles  with no cell phone  yeaaa 

drop my phone in the sea fishing  a few days ago  even had it in a safety bag  it was the note 2 only had it 8 9 months 

want to give a big thanks to George for sending me some CDs / info i needed

well late every one know how it gos and pics

Terry-
What you lack in spelling, you certainly make up for with your incredible RV resurrection.

It was a pleasure scrolling through your post and seeing your progress.

I just wish I could help with the 8.1 information.

Brett Michaels of "Rock My RV" (the TV show) would do very well offering you a job. Your abilities amaze me.

well made it

the rv set for all most  9 months  so i was hoping nothing would pop up today 

1joester2  thanks  for the pat on the back  and every one else    i need it over my spelling and just life at the min its hard to keep the feeling up 

i am 33 years old M and wish my spelling was batter

i am a good man and can do big and good things with my hands but there still alot to hold one back in life

but on the good side  thanks again to some good info i got  i can now start the install of the 8.1  so starting next month i think i well start on that if every thing looks good

here in FL when the rain stops i well start  working again and add pics as i go 

started putting up the head liner over the last 2 days  28 feet all one part 4 feet at a time

that 3M glue can get you  :eek:  had all the windows open still did not  help with a fan

still along ways to go

Attachments

• 111_001.jpg
    111_001.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 111_003.jpg
    111_003.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 111_005.jpg
    111_005.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 111_006.jpg
    111_006.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 111_008.jpg
    111_008.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 111_010.jpg
    111_010.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 129
  • 111_011.jpg
    111_011.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 111_012.jpg
    111_012.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 111_013.jpg
    111_013.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 111_014.jpg
    111_014.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 159
Hey Terry, I made it over here.  I'll see what I an do about the TCM/ECM TAC stuff.
Are you sure its a 2004 Allison?  What is the trans out of?  What engine was in front of it stock? 

I ask because there was a few years where there wasn't a 6 speed Allison available in the GM trucks, only a 5 speed Allison.  We have to set this beast up using the parts from where the trans came from, not what you want it to be like.  If the trans is from a 1 ton Suburban, you dont want to set it up like a gas pusher. 

I realize that you have a 2006 wiring diagram , Workhorse R26 UFO Chassis 81L 2006, but we need to know exactly what Allison transmission you have sitting there.  What vehicle did it come out of? You said the VIN was 1F6NF53Y560) the "0" signifies a 2006 vehicle, but then you said you were lied to and it might be might be from a 2004 1/2?

Are your 8.1 engine and Allison trans from different vehicles?  We can control the 8.1 easy enough, it will run using any 1999-2007 PCM/ECM so long as we use the 24 x crank signal and 1x camshaft signal from the 8.1 and send it to the ECM?PCM.
The tricky part is sending the correct info from the ECM to the TCM, that's why we need to know exactly whaty the trans is.

OK I gotta take a break, supper time for me up here.  Been at this for 5 hours now.

I'll check in later.

peace
Hog

well  hog was a very very good guy that know his stuff  got me all the info on the TCM/ECM 

so over the last 2 months  i have not got as fare as i would like too  as i am saving cash up for the motor parts i need  so its been small things here and there as i can

the P side windshield was pulled out and reinstalled  so its not falling out any more    now just need a new drive side windshield

got a lot more of the roof in  and started to play with some cabinet work

it is hard to tell but the center of the roof is head liner and you can see wight paint on the side it all looks the same
but now its starting to look like some thing inside

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 180
:) You got some serious TALENT 8). LOVE the pics its an inspiration for me. I was feeling down about little repairs but  now NO BIG. I'll just go back and look at what you have done for a pick me up. Looking forward to MORE pics of your progress. 

Terry,
You are da' man!!!
I'm a do-it-yourselfer to some extent, but you take it to a different planet, awesome job!!!!

I know what your next career should be! When I need to replace those shades (on the dinette side, behind those cabinets) on my MH I'm coming to see you!!!  ;D
GREAT JOB.....whowzer!!

Back
Top Bottom