POLAR PACKAGE...HOW TO TELL?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AGENT86

I asked this in another thread, but, I asked so MANY questions in that thread, I wanted to give it a thread of its own for a quicker reply. I'm going to buy a 2006 Keystone Travel trailer 29 RL Mountaineer Edition. I need the all-season, heated underbelly type, for when I'm in Maine & during the colder months here in SC. I can't find anything about it in the manual, the lady selling it has no clue, never even heard of it.

I ran the interior heat, but, couldn't tell by simply feeling the underbelly, which IS enclosed with that solid, plastic material, almost like a plastic type cardboard, for lack of a better word. I see a section that has been cut open, then re-sealed with Gorilla tape. If I cut that open along the tape, I should be able to stick my hand inside & feel if it's getting hot...yes?

Also, is it normal for the actual undercarriage to have surface rust on the steel beams, to where the black paint is coming off? Not in heavy chunks, just like, I could take a putty knife & scrape it smooth, in one shot,  to where there is just the surface rust. Then, treat it with OSPHO & paint it when that cures?

It sounds like that unit has a 4 season package.

Here is the giveaways to look for-  Duel pane windows
                                                    All Plumbing is enclosed, Not sticking out underneath.
                                                    Enclosed underbelly.
                                                    Heated tanks. (could be forced air or heat pads) check for tank heat switch.

As far as the rust, If it looks like you can treat it and paint it, it's not that big of an issue.

From the factory most axles are not coated very well and add in salt air or road salt and they will make some Iron Oxide!!! :(

captsteve said:
It sounds like that unit has a 4 season package.

Here is the giveaways to look for-  Duel pane windows
                                                    All Plumbing is enclosed, Not sticking out underneath.
                                                    Enclosed underbelly.
                                                    Heated tanks. (could be forced air or heat pads) check for tank heat switch.

As far as the rust, If it looks like you can treat it and paint it, it's not that big of an issue.

From the factory most axles are not coated very well and add in salt air or road salt and they will make some Iron Oxide!!! :(

Well, it has the enclosed belly, although it does have a few small pipes protruding, but, they are capped, might be some sort of service pipes. The sewer pipe for dumping is exposed, but, only a couple feet of it. The windows didn't look like double panes. As for the rust, when I think about it, I can scrape & paint it, but, there was a LOT of it.

I just posted another bit, about this trailer. About the second thoughts I'm having...I may just be paranoid, I hope that's all it is. If you get a chance, please, read it & tell me what you think.

BTW, Are CROSSROAD TT'S as well built as Keystone...specifically, a CROSSROADS CRUISER  VS  the KEYSTONE MOUNTAINEER RL?

Back
Top Bottom