I made a mobile greenhouse!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DownbytheRiver

Hey all,
  I just wanted to share my latest project.  I made a greenhouse using a cargo carrier and Solexx.  I was able to use scrap materials for the frame and I purchased some plants at a local farmer's market. 

I made two youtube videos showing what I did.  If you are interested, check them out here.  Sorry for the ads on them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUVuyDzxEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u59WqAjEbs

Veggies are growing well!

That's an excellent project, but I'm curious to know if the downward slope of the hitch hauler you used results in an uprooting of the plants due to road vibration forcing the soil to migrate to the lower part of the base.

Seems to me that it would and any plant towards the RV would suffer.

Attachments

• greenhouse.jpg
    greenhouse.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 60
Sorry for the delays in my reply!  Almost done with my doctorate and I don't get on here as much as I would like!

1joester2- The downward slope is most problematic with clearance of driveways, gas stations, etc.  Surprisingly the soil found a level plane (making the area covered in soil like a triangle with more soil on the side furthest from the coach).  THEN I planted.  It just meant that plants that require deeper soil had to go away from the coach.  Smaller plants (for example, my Thai pepper plant) went in the shallow soil.  It has worked fine, but my next RV is going to be a bus conversion and I am designing an indoor garden with hanging tomato plants and an herb garden built in to the kitchen  counter underneath the tomatoes so no more slope for me!

Captsteve- I have been visited by the cops, but never for the greenhouse (surprisingly they haven't even asked!).  I work several small jobs, some of which is teaching private music lessons in schools.  One middle school was concerned that it appeared that someone was squatting in their parking lot.  This was before the band director informed the principal that one of his teachers has an RV, FYI.  It was all sorted out with minimal issues...

The show "Breaking Bad" has not done any favors for my appearance. That's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom