'Power Stop' rotors and brakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

datasponge

Hello,

I'm curious if anyone has ever installed Power Stop rotors and brakes.  They claim more stopping power and less brake fade. 

Question is always - compared to what?

In most cases OEM quality pads stop better than cheap service-grade replacements.  OEM quality rotors are less prone to warping than cheap service-grade replacements.

Any substantial improvement in braking beyond OEM performance has to come from geometry not materials.  Larger rotors, larger pads with more pistons to spread out the clamping force.

Thanks for the response.

Sorry, I should have clarified - as compared to stock/OEM brakes (rotors and pads) - and probably should have clarified the vehicle as a 2006 F150 XLT SCAB 4x4.

I've been doing my own research, of course, these get mixed reviews (like anything - grain of salt taken) - but the majority are positive.  However, I've been reading a bit about the merits - or lack there of  - of drilled/slotted rotors for daily driving/towing use.

For now I think I'll stick with just replacing pads, and I'm leaning toward EBC Yellowstuff pads.  I haven't seen a review yet that doesn't indicate better stopping power (over OEM) along with fade resistance.

Back
Top Bottom