Power problems in HaRVey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nuttyzoomzoom

1998 Damon Daybreak.

So.  We had an issue at the state park this past weekend.  Bad power source on the pole at the campsite--the neutral wire burned in two.  Lost all power for a bit, including 12v.  When we hooked up to 20amp, everything works normally.  When we disconnect, we don't have anything, no 12v whatsoever, no lights, no frig, no pump - nothing.

ANY SUGGESTIONS where to start/look?  Dahubby has checked all the fuses and breakers and they seem to be fine.  Additionally, there is no battery voltage at the fuse box.

Heading out again this weekend, need to address this issue asap!

I think I remember that your rig is a Damon (or is that Demon?) ;)

Somewhere, probably behind the front grill (under the hood so to speak), is a box labeled Intellitec Battery Control Center.  In that box are a couple of DC circuit breakers (they look like the attached).  Push the small black plunger in the base of each.  That should reset the breaker.

Attachments

• manual reset CB.jpg
    manual reset CB.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 18
nuttyzoomzoom said:
We don't have that...
Somewhere you have the equivalent.  There are breakers or fuses between your batteries and your power distribution (fuse) panel.  If your batteries are beneath the step, look around the area, maybe behind a removable panel, and you will find them.

In any event, you have no choice but to trace the cable from the battery to the fuse panel to discover where power is being lost.

Corrosion on a battery terminal or a loose connection can also block current flow - are all your battery connections clean and tight?

Batteries are in great condition, connections are fine.

@Just Lou>>>  Still haven't found that.  He's gone through the owners manual, the repair and maintenance manual, called 2 RV dealers in the STL area.  Chuck's a very *handy* guy - he was a machinist for 32 years and has restored and rebuilt old cars and done the care and maintenance on our cars for 40 years.  He's just about to bang his head against the wall on this one.

Could the burnt wire (and this is me talking, not him) on the power pole at the campground have damaged something when the wire burned through?  It's not our inverter, right?  (don't tell him I'm asking dumb questions!!!)  We arrived there Thursday early, power failed Friday afternoonish.  So the first day and a half, all was good with the world.

Look for a switch, it may say "AUX BATTERY" or it may say USE/STORE:" it may be a 3-position rocker or toggle (Spring return to center) or a straight on/off.  Operate this switch,, and LISTEN.. your battery control device (may be a center as it is on my intruder or just a solenoid) should "Sound off" (Make a clunk noise) when you operate this switch.

When you loose all power. it may "Default" to "OFF" on you.

The other options is a bad battery or a bad wire or circuit breaker.. I lost one 12 volt circuit last fall, turned out to be a bad wire.  Yes, WIRE.

John makes a good point.  Find the switch by the entry door that controls your battery disconnects and rock it from ON-to-OFF.  Power may magically return, or at least you should hear a clunking noise that you can follow to the solenoids.  Good Luck...

Many seem to have these kind of switches in a small compartment ABOVE the door..... YMMV I would be very surprised if you did not have one at all. (On my trailer, there is a knife switch skillfully hidden a box near the electrical connection input and battery compartment. Took a lot of looking to find that one!!!)

AHA!  HE found it!!!  Hiding in plain sight on the dash, to the far left among all the many switches there.  Whoddathunk?  And WALLAH, it's a merakle, it's fixed!!!  Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom