EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Slideout adjustment  (Read 1154 times)

the oldman

Slideout adjustment
« on: June 07, 2013, 05:01:48 PM »
We have a 200 Endeavor with a kitchen slide out. It has always sealed tight when pulled in, until this trip. Now, when I pull it in, the bottom moves back out about 3/4". Is there an adjustment that can be made? It acts like the weight drops down inside which forces the bottom out.

Ernie n Tara

• ---
  • Life is Good - Together
Re: Slideout adjustment
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 01:23:11 PM »
There may be nylon pads on the guide rails. If so, it sounds as if one of the ones on top of the rail may have fallen out. Look up under when the slide is open and you should be able to see it/them.

Ernie
Ernie 'n Tara

2011 Winn Journey 34y
2012 Jeep Rubicon - Dozer (orange - kinda)
2006 Jeep Wrangler

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 03:43:37 PM »
If the Endeavor uses a PowerGear slide system there should be a lever on the motor that is the brake lock. If it is pushed back the motor will pull the slide in but will not hold it there.

Rex

• ---
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »
As Jeff said, it could be the lever on the back of the slide motor being out of position.  In one position it is unlocked and the slide will move back out.  In the locked position this will not happen UNLESS the lock is broken inside.  It is an electric lock.  I had one fail and had to replace it.  Choice is replace the entire motor or just the lock.  If you are handy you can do this job, but if not handy, take it to a dealer.  If the lock is broken contact me rbdtanasi at gmail and I can send you the information on where to get the new one.  Power Gear will not sell the lock without the motor.

Rex
2001 Monaco 40' Diplomat being pushed by an 08 Honda CRV

the oldman

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 05:31:46 PM »
Thanks to Jeff and Rex. It was the lever on the motor. We emptied a storage unit in Florida, and tried to put 5gal of stuff in a 2 gal space. I must have bumped the lever

Hosted by Over The Network