First Trip - That was fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian G

Well, we took the first trip this weekend in the new (to us) Jayco.  We stayed at a state park on the beach about 2 hours from our home.  We had a fantastic time.  The towing part of the trip was a bit intense in the Friday afternoon get-away traffic, but nothing I couldn't handle.  I have towed many large boats, but a TT is an animal all unto itself.  I loved the unplugged feeling from the weekend.  We left the Ipad at the house and never turned on the TV.  We played cards after dinner and had the best time visiting with our married daughter who decided to join us since her husband had to work the weekend. 

Things I learned:

The equalizer hitch may be the greatest invention of the modern era.
The public has a serious interstate merging problem.
Carry spare light bulbs for every light on your rig.
The porch light isn't bright enough to cook by.
My fridge won't run on gas (on my things to troubleshoot list).
Should have bought a new sewer hose instead of trusting the one from the previous owner.
I need some sort of tacky lights to string up around my awning.
A weekend away from the rat race is priceless.

Brian G said:
I need some sort of tacky lights to string up around my awning.

I'm on board with the tacky lights...I have a set of Pink Flamingos that I am anxious to try-out. My wife says no way... :D

Sure is the truth about folks merging. Haven't been in a state where the majority have a clue how to merge on the freeway.

Wendy

What's really fun is when the driver is so busy talking to the passenger with his/her head turned away that they don't even know you're there and closing fast.  I love my air horn!!  That's wakes 'em up!

Seriously, if you're not the one merging into traffic, stay one lane to the left which doesn't have all the mergers.  Another tip is to do what the truckers do.  If they stay pretty much in a specific lane it's because they're trying to avoid the merging traffic too.  I seldom drive in the right-most lane.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom