low clearance overpasses and bridges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xray0111

We are new to RV'ing and just purchased a 45' Class A with a vertical height of 12'9".  Are there any bridges or overpasses between Jackson, MS. and Branson, MO. that we should be concerned with clearing? Our route will probably be I55-I40-US65.  We will also be towing a car. 

Any opinions on Treasure Lakes RV Resort in Branson?

Thanks,
Cliff

Get yourself a trucker's atlas.  It will let you know.  Also, a GPS specifically for RV's (the Rand McNally 7720 come to mind) lets you program height, length, and weight.

Cliff,

We are from Little Rock and Meridian and run those roads often. Same height as you, no issues. US highways and Interstates are your friend (usually), but the trucker's guides and DOT sites are also helpful.

But that's not to say those Interstate roads on your list are not under a lot of construction and we avoid them like the plague. Frankly, our preference is I-20 to Vicksburg and up US 65 through Little Rock and Conway. It is a far more leisurely drive and doesn't impact our travel time (we do not roll faster than 62 mph unless we have to).

Watch your times in Memphis and avoid rush hour, if you use that route, and be prepared for delays and reroutes on I-40 between Little Rock and Memphis. Checking the state transportation sites is a good habit this time of year.

I can also tell you where all the fuel and food is along my route.  8) If you are comfortable in your big rig, you will be fine.

Many of us use rvparkreviews.com and they have some reviews for your resort. I have no personal information.

Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your trip!

Kim

Buy this for your garmin: http://www.lowclearances.com/
Or use MS Streets & Trips like I do. They have a POI file at the S&T site you can download for free, plan and/or check your whole route for clearance. You will be surprised how many low clearance points there are in the US.
S&T on your laptop, Holux GPS receiver, you are good to go Rving!

Mavarick said:
Buy this for your garmin: http://www.lowclearances.com/
Or use MS Streets & Trips like I do. They have a POI file at the S&T site you can download for free, plan and/or check your whole route for clearance. You will be surprised how many low clearance points there are in the US.
S&T on your laptop, Holux GPS receiver, you are good to go Rving!

The lowclearances.com data can be used on a Garmin, S&T, and a Tom Tom. I use it on my Garmin and in S&T.

NOTE: I need to clarify that reference to Vicksburg - US 65 actually intersects I-20 at Tallulah, LA. You can do it either way, but we normally go up US 61 at Vicksburg, jogging over to Hwy 1 up the Delta to Greenville and then cross on the new bridge. Far less traffic. We think it shaves 30 mins on that route.

Interstates no problem, but when you leave them keep your head on a swivel, and read all the signs...Never rely on a GPS or Map guide...

Always expect the unexpected.......

Dont forget the fueling stations.......look up and watch those low hanging branches....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom