Tire Pressure Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaajoad

Anyone familiar with the Crossfire system? Can I install it myself. I think a system called Tire Pressure Pro (did I get that right?) has been mentioned.

I'm looking for the easiest, most inexpensive way to monitor and fill the double set of duallies on the back of my rig.

Thanks for any ideas -

Danny Wright
Poulsbo WA

You'll find folks who love the Crossfire pressure equalization system and folks who hate it. I haven't seen/heard of anyone who has installed the PressurePro tire pressure monitoring system who doesn't like it. Note that they perform different functions and one doesn't replace the other.

Click here and here for some prior discussions on both subjects.

As Tom mentioned there are some that like the crossfire or similar system but I am not one of them.? IMHO they just provide more points for leaks to occur.? My recommendation is not to waste your money on them but instead get a tire monitoring system that allows you to monitor the tire pressures from INSIDE your coach.? Morning tire checks before departure is simple as just pushing a button.? We do have the Pressure Pro system and can highly recommend it.? Send a PM to Bernie for pricing and details.

Oh yes you can install yourself without breaking down the tires.

Click here for contact info for a PressurePro supplier that a number of folks here have used with satisfaction.

I have a crossfire, I can not install it (at least not by myself) 

Advantages of Crossfire:  It keeps the pressure in the dual pair equal, at least to a point, that point is a cut off pressure, if pressure in a tire drops below that point (note, baring a suddenl blow out both tires will drop together) a valve slams shut and prevents the other tire from going fully flat. 

It has an EYE so you can visually check your pressure at a glance (read on)

And it makes it a whole lot easier to add air to the tires (Why I bought it) as it functions as a valve extender

Disadvantages... If one tire goes flat, the other goes very low,  You have to actually LOOK at that indicator eye  Only monitors duals

Pressure pro, 

Disadvantages: Does nothing for pressure equalizaiton, and does not make it easier (or harder) to add air if needed

Advantages: Monitors ALL tires, motor home and towed or truck and trailer or if you like Tractor and trailer, can even monitor the spare if you wish.

Easily moved from Tractor to Trailer (Motor home to towed) if you are operating seperated, can, at the user's selection, monitor one (Either one) or both vehicles.  Automatically checks the tires about every five minutes and alerts if the pressure drops a set percentage (I think it's either 10 or 12%) and alarms if the tire pressure has dropped.  No need to "keep an eye on it" it does that for you. 

MONITORS TOWED and monitors ALL TIRES

Easy to install (As easy as checking tire pressure the traditional way)

Advantages of Smart Tire,  Like pressure pro it can monitor all tires, and alarm if pressure drops, also monitors rim temp (tire temp) and will alert for both over and under conditions.

Disadvantage, Hard to install (requires professinal instalation) won't fit on some toweds and you can not move it from towing to towed if you wish to operate vehjicles seperated (IE: when camped)

Oh yes, I mentioned I have a crossfire I can't install.. I also have Pressure Pro, the two can be used together

John In Detroit said:
I have a crossfire, I can not install it (at least not by myself)

John I installed my crossfires by myself and I am a very old guy!!!!!!

I run both Crossfire and Pressure Pro and in three years with Crossfire and two with PP I have never had a leak!

Bob

Wow ... kind of confusing. Let me ask another stupid question. Pressure Pro looks good for monitoring tire pressures. How do you get air into the inside dually tire? Crawl under the rig? Might be a goofy question and maybe has been asked here 1,000 times ...

Danny
Poulsbo WA

I use a short metal extender on the inside dual that extends through the outer wheel cover and is held by a rubber grommet.  It's easier to fill the inside than then outside as the outside valvle stem is angled inward.

Back
Top Bottom