An afternoon with The Insiders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Chris belongs to a ladies lunch group known affectionately as "The Insiders" who take turns organizing a venue for their monthly lunch and socializing. Today was Chris' turn to choose the venue and, instead of taking folks to a yacht club or restaurant, she catered lunch at our house. Following lunch, we took a leisurely cruise into many of the bays around Discovery Bay.

I spent several days getting the old tub ready and recruited one of the other husbands as crew and backup captain. Before casting off lines, the crew received a brief orientation, and the passengers listened to my safety talk, including the location and use of life vests.

When we arrived back in our bay, I headed for the home of a neighbor who was one of the original members of The Insiders, and who's 96th birthday was today. The neighbor was on her rear deck while her long-time friends waved and shouted 'happy birthday' from the bridge and cockpit of the boat.

We headed back to our house, secured the boat, unloaded the passengers, and headed over for the birthday party at the neighbor's house.

Aye Jim, everyone had a great time.

BTW Chris' original plan was to drop anchor somewhere on the Delta, and for me to BBQ lunch. I preferred her revised plan to cater at the house, so I didn't need to worry about the cooking  ;D

Captain, Galley slave and chief boat and RV washer too? When do you ever rest????

Sounded like a nice afternoon.

Aye Steve, and the Insiders can't stop talking about it. I've had several ask me if we could repeat the event, including folks who weren't there that day.

Back
Top Bottom